PDA

View Full Version : Which Air pump for Aquazone 50 Ozone

spjeff69
05/31/2006, 11:12 AM
I was curious which buy is good for the aquazone 50 Ozone unit?

Fishdave
05/31/2006, 09:00 PM
With most skimmers today, unless you are using larger air dryers, you may not need one. Most venturi ports on skimmers have plenty of pull for pulling through the O3 generator and dryer without having a negative impact on the air/water mix in the skimmer chamber.

ddboy
05/31/2006, 09:17 PM
I have a redsea ozonizer go into a ASM G3. I would use the biggest one you can find. it is better with those that you can adjust the output. you would want one that can push out at least 3-4 p.s.i. I think that is the measurement they use. I am using the Hagen Optima turn to the max and it is barely enough.
If i didn't have this pump. I would get the Coralife Luft Air Pump.

Ti
05/31/2006, 09:41 PM
try the Luft

spjeff69
06/01/2006, 09:18 AM
Do you put a T on the existing venturi of the pump for the skimmer? or does the venturi get only ozone?

If I do need a T, do I have to do anything to make sure that the Ozone does not leak out? Where do you get an ozone safe T?

ddboy
06/01/2006, 01:19 PM
I listen to fishdave, and I took out the air pump to see if that would work. To my suprise, it actually okay without the pump on my set up. So I guess either get a big enough air pump, or don't use one at all, if your skimmer has enough suction power.

RichConley
06/01/2006, 04:08 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7474313#post7474313 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fishdave
With most skimmers today, unless you are using larger air dryers, you may not need one. Most venturi ports on skimmers have plenty of pull for pulling through the O3 generator and dryer without having a negative impact on the air/water mix in the skimmer chamber.

I run a turboflotor, and restricting the venturi via sucking hrough my ozone generator was enough to cause the skimmer to go all flakey and overflow all the time. I dont reccomend doing it that way.