PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: Frags / Rock / Fish from my tank

Codeman00
05/31/2006, 10:24 PM
I am buying a new house and the chances of me keeping my tank are very slim. I need a good home for my corals, rock and and livestock so I'm putting them up for sale. There are a few things in the tank that I am keeping such as some of the mushrooms, softies and some frags off of the LPS, etc and I will have those out of the main tank soon.

This is going to be a delicate process. I need to get rid of the SPS now so I can start moving the rocks out to get at the zoos and fish. It would be best to frag up my SPS..but if anyone wants to offer me a lump sum for rock and corals, fish etc, then by all means, give me an offer. Anyone that has seen my tank in person knows that there is some good stuff in it....but the hard part is going to be getting them out because I have so much stuff.

Please do not use PM for staking your claim....if you could, post a response to this thread.

Frags prices are dependent on how big of pieces you want, etc. The best thing to do would be to come by my house and we'll start bagging stuff up. If enough people in Memphis are interested, you guys can certainly carpool up to see me. The prices would be equivalent to frag swap prices....

<b>SPS ready for fragging (a couple of them are small):</b>
Blue Tort ( a few good frags and a beautiful piece)
Green Slimer (lots of frags and grows FAST)
Orange digitata (Lots of frags)
Green digitata (A few frags)
Brown with purple tips digitata (lots of frags)
Orange cap (a few frags)
Purple Rimmed Green Cap (Lots of frags and grows fast)
Orange Unknown Branching SPS (very neat and lots of frags)
Tricolor Valida (selling 2 frags or entire coral)
Wild Acropora colony 5" diameter x 5" tall. (Probably best to sell as a whole, but could frag out)
Green Millepora
Red / Yellow Tip Millepora
Pink Pocillophora (Lots of frags)
Green Cap

<b>LPS</b>
Frogspawn (Mated True Perculas are hosting in it)
Blue Candy Cane
Green Candy Cane

<b>Softies</b>
Pink Kenya Trees 2 huge ones
Green Star polyps
Peach Zoos (will be fragged when I can get to them)
Green/Pink/gray zoos (will be fragged when I can get to them)
Orange/Brown Zoos
Green/Blue Zoos

<b>Fish (rock must be removed to get to them)</b>
2 mated Wild True Percs (live in frogspawn)
Purple Fire Fish Goby
Orchid Dottyback
Yellow Watchman Goby
Blue Chromis (4)

Inverts -
Hermits
Crocea Clam 4"
Snails
Live Rock - 130 lbs.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/4024/83895CODY1A.JPG

joeycadre
05/31/2006, 10:47 PM
i'm in jackson and would definitely like to come over and get some pieces. i think my new tank is just about ready for some.

the blue tort, orange digi, green cap and blue candy cane for sure. frags, since i'm poor.

drowzee
05/31/2006, 10:55 PM
hey cody,i will take a frag of all your zoos, frag of orange and green digitata and a frag of the purple rim green cap. maybe will get more when i get there this weekend. ty. ramiro

redhawk44cb
05/31/2006, 11:03 PM
Hey man. I definitely want to come over and take a look. I'm mostly interested in zoa's and monti cap's. Hold an orange cap for me. Post or PM when I might be able to come over tomorrow.

Pandarian
06/01/2006, 12:15 AM
I'm interested in the perc pair. How much do you want for them?

Codeman00
06/01/2006, 06:17 AM
3 of you have PMs with my contact info.

Pandarian, I had an email asking about the Percs at work this morning that came in before your post...let me check and see if he wants them..you're second in line. Can you actually get here to pick them up from Knoxville? I was thinking $35 for the pair.

neuroslicer
06/01/2006, 06:50 AM
I'd like to come over tonight (Thursday) for your clam, some snails and hermits, a brown/purple dig frag, cap frags, and zoo frags. Is it too soon to pick up some live rock? About 30 lbs? Email me at neuroslicer@yahoo.com with availability and prices. thanks.
Jay

scarson61
06/01/2006, 07:44 AM
I'd love to get frags from your SPS. especially the blue tort, green slimmer, orange & green digitata, orange Unknown Branching SPS, Tricolor Valida, Red / Yellow Tip Millepora and the Pink Pocillophora What do you have left? and would it be ok to pick them up this weekend?
thanks Sanford

Codeman00
06/01/2006, 07:50 AM
The true percs are spoken for (Dave at BSL II)

Guys...it seems like many of you want to come over tonight (Thurs, 6/1)...After 6PM would be best. Let me know.

Pandarian
06/01/2006, 07:51 AM
Codeman00, I can most likely pick them up depending on the day you need me to. I'm in Nashville frequently and can make a little trip to Jackson. If you find a local buyer that wants him, then it would be a good idea to sell the clowns to them. I was interested in them because they are a mated wild pair. I've started breeding clowns lately and wild specimens are great because of their genetic diversity when compared to tank bred specimens. Thanks.

Donny

Codeman00
06/01/2006, 09:03 AM
Guys..SPS frags are going to be around $10 to $15 depending on the size and speed of growth of the coral. We can negotiate how big of piece you want and how much when you get here.

I know no one yet has wanted the green slimer...what a great coral this has been, and great grower and it is my personal favorite.

neuroslicer
06/01/2006, 10:00 AM
I'm interested in the green slimer Cody. See you tonight, between 6 and 7.
Jay

gflat65
06/01/2006, 10:10 AM
Cody,

Do you have a close up of the unidentified orange branching sps? I may be interested in that one, also.

Codeman00
06/01/2006, 10:13 AM
I do have a close up of it, but its at home. I'll post it tonight. In the pic above its 3-4 o'clock from the purple rimmed cap and 2 o'clock from the peach zoos.

scarson61
06/01/2006, 01:50 PM
hey codeman, would friday evening be good for you if I drove up. It is about a 2 hour trip from Oxford and I would like to get most of the sps frags you listed. If Friday is good I may need directions to your place or could meet you somewhere in Jackson (I've been there once)
Thanks Sanford

Codeman00
06/01/2006, 02:09 PM
scarson...Friday would be great...the earlier, the better 5-6PM if you can make it. I'll PM you.

Codeman00
06/01/2006, 02:30 PM
If anyone wants to come over tonight..let me know. I will be home and ready to frag. Guys, I'll try to keep what you wanted above (as far as corals), but with several people already coming to the house, it's going to be tough to hold specific pieces. I suggest you come over ASAP for the best stuff.

The yellow watchman goby is sold.
The electric blue hermit is sold too.

SNAKEMANVET
06/01/2006, 07:25 PM
hey cody i am interested in the yellow watchman goby, what are you asking for it .

SNAKEMANVET
06/01/2006, 07:30 PM
it's me again,if you decide to sell your sump, i would like to have the fist chance to buy it thanks david

Reefdiver77
06/01/2006, 08:45 PM
Hey Cody, what kind of snails do you have? I will take your nacirrius and astrea, if you have them. Always in need of more snails, and no not for my mantis to feast on ~(:-))- I could come and get the snails Sat AM unless you want to wait until you get all your frags, liverock, etc out. Thanks. Vicki

Codeman00
06/01/2006, 10:52 PM
Vicki, I do have astreas and nassarius...if you need the astreas, this weekend would be the weekend to pick them up..but Sat morning isn't good (unless its early).

Codeman00
06/01/2006, 10:53 PM
Snakemanvet...the yellow watchman is sold already (see a few posts above). The sump will most likely be sold with the tank and stand with all the plumbing..but I'm not there just yet.

Codeman00
06/01/2006, 10:57 PM
Thank you all for the ones that came over tonight. There are still plenty of things to clear out. Zoos and tons of SPS.

Some that I forgot to list are:

Several kinds of zoos
Green Hyndaphora
Green Stylophora

gflat, here's a picture of the orange mystery SPS before neuroslicer cut the top of it out.
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/4145/83895ORANGE-med.JPG

redhawk44cb
06/02/2006, 01:39 AM
Thanks alot, Cody. I got some great stuff. That little brain is too cool. Guys, if you're in the market for some acro or digitata, check it out. If I had a halide setup, I would've racked up!

Colin

PS - I've heard that green slimer will do well under PC's... anyone have an opinion?

luckyfish
06/02/2006, 08:17 AM
Cody,

I'd like to stop by this evening (Friday). would that work for you?
thanks,
Tim

Codeman00
06/02/2006, 08:55 AM
Tim, that would be perfect after 5:15-5:30...I think 2 others are already coming over tonight. Please bring bags and containers if you could. Thanks.

fifamickey
06/02/2006, 09:28 AM
Can your live rock be placed in a brand new uncycled tank? I am just starting to set up my first marine aquarium, right now it is just 80 gallons of water. I would like to know how much for all 130 lbs of the live rock.

gflat65
06/02/2006, 09:30 AM
Cody,

I'll take a frag of the orange sps, too (maybe mille?). I'll get with luckyfish and see if he can be a transporter;).

Codeman00
06/02/2006, 10:04 AM
fifamickey, Yes, the rock can be placed in a brand new tank and probably won't cause a cycle if you get it home quick. The worst case would be a small cycle of a week or less. The only thing that concerns me is the travel time because there will be coral stubs still on the rock and some of them might die in transit with them being submerged in water. (Someone else on the board might be able to comment). But if your tank is empty, you won't have to worry much about that...a short cycle would be much better than curing your own rock.

30 lbs is gone already and Im hesitant to sell the rest until some corals can be removed. I sold the first 30lb for $4 a pound and I'll stick with that price esp if coral stubs are left on the rock. The rock is mostly Fiji from Premium Aquatics..and a couple of Marshall Island pieces. I will sell you the rock, I just need a week or two to get some corals cleaned off of it.

Gflat, I'll give a good sized piece for $15 and send it with Tim. I have no idea what it is?!?!

fifamickey
06/02/2006, 10:22 AM
Sold.... I will take all of the rock you have left. I needed to wait a week to get my allowance from the wife anyway, so waiting is not an issue. Just let me know when you are ready to remove the rock from the tank. I live just south of Memphis (Olive Branch MS), travel time would be less than two hours.

gflat65
06/02/2006, 10:26 AM
Sounds great.

Depending on the corals attached, I'd say you won't lose much transporting out of water. I'd cover the rock with wet newspaper (from tank water), but wouls expect that anything less than 10 hours and there would be no problems (and 10 hours is just an arbitrary number). When i buy rock and have to transport it, I like to fill rubbermaid tiubs with rock, load them into the transport vehicle, then put water in from the tank and finish it off with dampened newspaper. When you get to your destination, drain/siphon the water out to make moving the rock easier. Get the rock inside and put the water back in the tuibs until ready to use. I transported about 140 pounds from N. Ga (~4 hours one way) a little over a year ago with sps encrustation and the encrustation turned out pretty nice on all spots:). I did the same with 200# from Johnson City recently(4-5 hours), but there was no encrustation...

gflat65
06/02/2006, 10:28 AM
Two hour travel time will be no problem. I used to trek up to Kermits way back in the day (1996-2000) and bring rock to Oxford (~2 hours) with no die off.

Codeman00
06/02/2006, 11:57 AM
fifamickey, the rock is yours. With all the corals encrusted on it, you're going to have some great rock with a ton of coral on it already..and some big pieces too. My original 130lbs was an estimate..so we'll weigh the pieces and see how much is actually there when the time comes. Thanks again.

Codeman00
06/02/2006, 12:02 PM
I have a pistol shrimp for sale at some point in time $10 I took his home away last night and he was out in the open. It looks like a Caribbean Pistol shrimp. http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11_03/product_info.php?products_id=339&parent_category=4&category_search=63&root_parent_id=4

fifamickey
06/02/2006, 12:46 PM
Great, I feel like I am getting a fantastic deal as well. Just let me know when you are ready and then we can make arrangements for me to come and get it. With my work schedule weekends work best, but we can decide on that later. BTW, I was thinking about buying your Caribbean Pistol shrimp as well for my son. He actually convinced me to start my own tank, after I saw his. If you can hold on to it till I get the rock, then I will get the shrimp as well. Thanks

joubentwin
06/02/2006, 01:26 PM
I was wondering what the large pink coral was on the right mound of live rock, little over halfway up, and on the left side was, if you still had it, and how much you wanted for it if you did.

Codeman00
06/02/2006, 01:33 PM
I do still have it, its a pink Kenya tree, and its huge (if you couldnt tell). You have PM.

luckyfish
06/02/2006, 02:35 PM
Codeman,

I'll shoot for just after 6:00. I'll be coming out of Nashville so it depends on the traffic. Shoot me your address and I'll mapquest it so I won't have t drive all over Jackson shouting your name.

Tim

Codeman00
06/02/2006, 02:36 PM
Another item for sale in the tank is a toadstool...theres more coral in this tank than I can remember.

luckyfish
06/02/2006, 02:43 PM
Cody/Gary,

I'd be happy to transport. I'm in Memphis form the weekend (your purchases can live in my tank for the weekend Gary). then I'll be back in Nashville Sunday night. Gary, we can work out a transfer point if I end up getting in late (which often happens). Will this work for you?
Tim

Codeman00
06/02/2006, 02:48 PM
I'm good with that.

gflat65
06/02/2006, 03:00 PM
Sounds like a plan. Thanks Tim.

joeycadre
06/02/2006, 08:08 PM
just got back from the sale. i got some great looking stuff to start my new tank with. and there's tons of amazing things left, i wish i wasn't so poor or i'd gotten more.

oh and i just found out why they call them green slimers. i got all kinds of slimey crap on my while taking him out of the bag. yuck!

joeycadre
06/02/2006, 08:11 PM
oh and once again thanks codeman for the great corals.

SNAKEMANVET
06/02/2006, 09:04 PM
Hey cody Is the purple fire goby still up for grabs, and how much. Thanks david

Codeman00
06/02/2006, 10:20 PM
Purple fire goby is up for grabs...$12 sound okay?

scarson61
06/02/2006, 10:43 PM
Hey Cody, I'm covered in super glue and soaking wet (from saltwater had to add this before barret and just dave leaped on that) but got everything in the tank. Thanks for the great corals! My tank looks great!
Sanford

Codeman00
06/03/2006, 06:43 AM
Joey, you have dibs on the orchid dottyback if we can separate him from the rock.

I'm glad you guys like your corals! I appreciate you guys coming by. There is still a lot left and you can't beat the variety. I broke the green/gray/pink zoos out of the main rock so there are frags of those now. Please feel free to PM me and I will get you my contact info.

-Cody

Reefdiver77
06/03/2006, 07:37 AM
Hi Cody, how early is too early and I need directions to your home. Thanks. Vicki

SNAKEMANVET
06/03/2006, 08:06 AM
What would be a good time to pick up the goby. And also need directions to your home. Thanks david

Codeman00
06/03/2006, 10:37 AM
The only time you will be able to pick up the goby is after Iget rid of the rock. It's probably going to be few weeks.

luckyfish
06/03/2006, 10:56 AM
Bump to Cody and his frags. I picked some up yesterday and am very pleased. Nice size and priced to move. Thanks Codeman00

cschumaker
06/03/2006, 12:24 PM
I went today and picked up a whole bunch of stuff to replace what I had lost in my tank and had no idea how much nice stuff Cody had added to his tank since the last time I had seen it. If you haven't gone yet, I would if I were you. =)

milkshake
06/03/2006, 06:53 PM
wish I could make it Cody-im in
New Mexico -oh well

wjhuie
06/03/2006, 08:33 PM
hey cody I need blue tort, Green milli, peach zos, green blue zoo's, pink poci, When can I come and see what you have.Iam free in the morning. Please call me I am going home and I dont have a computer 731 676 7048

wjhuie
06/03/2006, 08:35 PM
I want the big piece of the tort if available.

Kennetht
06/08/2006, 05:43 PM
hey man.....haven't heard back from you on my PM....let me know something. Thanks.

Codeman00
06/10/2006, 10:31 AM
Milkshake...I gave Walker some big frags for you guys to split up when you get back...sorry I couldn't hold them any longer in my tank.

<b>Snakemanvet, the goby is ready to be picked up...PM or call me</b>

Joey, sorry man, but the orchid dottyback got up into one of the rocks and wouldn't come out. We couldn't find him at all.

Crandall, the yellow watchman is ready to be picked up.

Walker took the chromis..

Chad and Robin, the pom-pom crab is yours.

Dave at BSL, your zoos and true percs are ready to picked up.

Does anyone need any chaeto? PM me

Does anyone need some small pieces of live rock? PM me.

Thanks everyone.

joeycadre
06/10/2006, 10:58 AM
grrrr, oh well, no big deal.

SNAKEMANVET
06/10/2006, 02:26 PM
Hey cody, email me directions to your house. I can pick it up this after noon. thanks david

baddraw
06/15/2006, 06:28 PM
whats left??

Codeman00
06/15/2006, 10:08 PM
Nothing but a few orange digitata frags....its a bare tank now ready to be taken down.