PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for return standpipe on megaflow

bookpile
06/02/2006, 07:55 AM
Hi, I just got a 65 gallon All glass with the megaflow but I didn't buy the kit with it.

I already made a durso stand pipe and I'm working on the return today. So far I have 3/4" tubing up to a 90 degree elbow that has a barbed fitting for 3/4" flexible hose. I was planning to put a short piece on there to get it below the water level.

But now I'd like to get something more solid so it can't accidently flop out of the tank and so I can adjust the direction of the flow. Any ideas?

Thanks

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h66/bookpile/standpipes.jpg

clsanchez77
06/02/2006, 09:11 AM
Personally, I just bought the kit, the fit-n-finish was worth the money. I have been able to adjust the height of the standpipe so no exact cutting and assembly required on my part.

As far as the return, they go from a socket 3/4" elbow to 3/4 femaile threaded and use the black loc-line pipe. I like it as it allows for adjustement of the return line to just below the water level. I kept the full lengths supplied to route the line up and over a powerhead, then down into the tank.

All the parts needed to do this can be purchased at www.MarineDepot.com

You would need a socket to femail threaded adapter, threaded elbow and the loc-line set, all in 3/4"

Chris

bookpile
06/02/2006, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the reply, that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. I'll probably start with my setup now and order the loc-line when I need something else anyway.

Do you know if I would order the 6" line and he flare nozzle if I would need that special tool to attach the nozzle?

Thanks

Pillz
06/02/2006, 01:28 PM
with loc line you can use the tool to pop them on, but you dont have too its just really really hard to get them on with out it. If you plan on using loc line for another tank or something then I would go ahead and get the tool as its only like 10 bucks.

clsanchez77
06/02/2006, 01:47 PM
The tool is pretty cheap, I would get that. Also, I am not a fan of the nozzle, just something to restrict the flow on discharge and increase the velocity, which is not really desired.