PDA

View Full Version : Zoo's affecting bubble and brain coral?

bengeeee
06/02/2006, 11:55 AM
I just added a colony of small zoo's to my tank. I noticed that my brain coral shriveled up and my bubble coral completely retracted yesterday (second day of my tank having the Zoo's). They seem to be fine now but I was wondering if they could have poisoned them and if adding zoos to this tank was a bad idea.

Thanks,

Ben

bengeeee
06/02/2006, 11:59 AM
here is a pic of the zoo's. The ebay company i ordered them from identifies them as Ring of fires.

They are very very very small and more orange than red /=

http://www.coralcraze.com/images/rofgoodcolony.jpg

twon8
06/02/2006, 12:00 PM
i doubt zoas could hurt any lps corals

mbunaman
06/02/2006, 12:46 PM
My tank is loaded with LPS and zoos I never had a problem. They probally go stressed did you move them or was your hands near them when you added the zoos.

friartuck
06/03/2006, 01:11 AM
I had a zoo cokony come into contact with one oc my brains. it seemed to have stung it, because the brain completely shriveled up at the point of contact as if it had been stung by a sweeper from a bubble or galaxia. Otherwise, I haven't heard of a non-contact problem with zoos.

rubysmomma1
06/03/2006, 02:49 PM
We're having a problem not with other corals and our zoas, but our BTA. The top of the BTA, which is being encroached upon by the zoas has not had the nice bubble tips and is having difficulty opening completely. I'm pretty sure it's the zoas causing the problem because the BTA's lower half is just fine. Any suggestions?