PDA

View Full Version : chop job

fish-freek-3000
06/03/2006, 08:22 AM
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j218/yz250fmotorider/choppedtank.jpg

I recieved an incredibly good deal on a aga 210. $450 brand new after tax. I am wundering if it would ok if I did the above. I want to make a penninsulla tank. So I thought I could cut the old boxes out then make a black acyrlic box and put two bulkheads in it. I would run a 90 degree elbow. one side regular slip the other outside thread. I would skrew the elbow into the bulkhead and finally run spa flex to meat the two holes. In addition I would plug the 3/4" holes and run return lines over the back
any thoughts

Fiziksgeek
06/03/2006, 08:57 AM
I see no reason why yu couldnt do that. Instead of continuing to use the existing holes in the bottom of the tank for drains, you would drill a couple of holes through the end pannel where you plan to build a new overflow. So your drain pipes would run down the outside of the tank, but at the end where the tank meets the wall. You could then use the "old" holes in the bottom of the tank as part of the return or closed loop plumbing.?

This way, you wont have the pvc running through the tank.

fish-freek-3000
06/03/2006, 09:08 AM
I thought about that. but I didn't want to run the risk of breaking the tank. I am only in highschool so I don't have a back up fund or any extra cash.

Hop
06/03/2006, 10:36 AM
The pic is really small, but I think I see what you want to do. Why change the current set up? It will work just fine the way it is. Adding those two sections on opposite side of the tank, could be a bear to balance and tune.

I have an 8' tank with the overflow on one side and I like it. It's easy to adjust and seems to work just fine.