PDA

View Full Version : Finnex titanium heaters.

ade
06/04/2006, 11:51 AM
Finnex HC-0800 titanium heaters
Does anybody use a titaniun heater by finnex, the 800 watt. Just wanted to know if any of you has used them and had any problems withy the 800w. Probe seems to be fine but I have two at the house and after opening up the controller one of them was fried to which it can not be fixed and the other one was just a change of a resistor.
Just wanted to know if I am the only one and if it's the 800. How are the 500w heaters?

HOC
06/04/2006, 01:15 PM
I don't think they have something engineered right on the higher wattage units. I've had 3 of 4 1000 watt heat tubes melt the ends off and shoot the insides all over the tank. Never had trouble with the controlers, but my guess is they aren't made to handle the higher watt units even though they say they can. They won't warranty anything melted either as they say it's our fault, not the faulty product. I think anything 500 watt and under is a good product. They just need to work on the larger ones. I would deffinately buy two 500 watt VS one 800 or 1000.

Shivaji
06/04/2006, 01:24 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7496473#post7496473 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by HOC
I would deffinately buy two 500 watt VS one 800 or 1000.

It is a good idea to duplicate the heaters no matter what brand you use, especially when you get to the higher wattages. I lost half the fish in my FW tank a couple of years ago, some of I had for 5-6 years, because the heater died when I was out of town and the temperature dropped to the mid 60's. This was a high quality Ebo-Jaeger heater I had in the tank for over seven years but I guess its time had come :( ...