PDA

View Full Version : who spot feeds their corals?

giants4pc
06/05/2006, 05:33 AM
Anyone do this and if so, with what? I never have in 2 years. I just figured adding Dr. Farley's 2 part calcium additive was enough.

crzy4reefs
06/05/2006, 05:37 AM
i spot feed all my corals, i have mushrooms, zoas, sun coral, sps, brain, maze coral, and others, most of the time i'll shut my power heads off, ( i target feed at night when their tenticals come out)

i feed mixure of cyclopleeze, mysis (fish goo) food i make myself. and target feed with a turkey baster

RA
06/05/2006, 05:38 AM
It depends on what type of corals you are talking about. I feed my bubble coral pieces of squid, and my mushrooms like it also. My brain coral only opens at night and I feed it then.

giants4pc
06/05/2006, 05:45 AM
I feed my anemone and plate coral krill. However, I don't feed mushrooms, leathers, zoos, or SPS. Should I be?

v8maro
06/05/2006, 06:33 AM
i feed my sun coral 2-3 times / week, he's a pig

PDA
06/05/2006, 07:04 AM
I ony target my sun polyps with a cyclopeeze slurry using a turkey baster 2 times a week at night. My Anthias and all of my other corals get the leftovers floating in the tank

delor
06/05/2006, 07:16 AM
I just squirt some cyclopeeze (mixed with tank water) into my return pump intake and just let everyone fend for themselves. I do feed my anemone once a week (usually right before my water change) a pice of krill.

ACBlinky
06/05/2006, 07:54 AM
I spot feed my LPS and yellow polyps. I usually make a sort of slurry with vitamins, mysis, cyclopeeze, silversides (mushed up), phyto and zooplankton, then feed using a pipette from an old test kit - I glued a piece of rigid tubing to the end, so I effectively have a 24" pipette and don't have to stick my hands into the tanks.

fsn77
06/05/2006, 07:59 AM
I use a turkey baster to feed brine and mysis shrimp to my wall hammer and zoas. Occasionally, I'll mix in a dose of Reef Bugs with the shrimp.

Salty Brother
06/05/2006, 08:10 AM
I use a turkey baster to feed my plate coral, I use mysis and frozen formula 1. But I also add calcium and trace elements for my other corals

Sk8r
06/05/2006, 08:17 AM
I give my plate slices of raw shrimp now and again, or turn off the pump for a moment so pellet food lands on it. It's growing like a bandit and never retracts. I also intend to spot feed my euphyllia if I can find something they'll take to. I also feed cyclopeeze, which everything likes.

salt newbie01
06/05/2006, 09:10 AM
I target feed my goni a slury mix also - mysis mushed up, cyclopeeze, vitamins, dt's. If there is any left over I'll squirt a little onto mushrooms and zoas. I also feed my candy canes whole mysis. My big green bta and open brain gets raw shrimp or silversides. I use a plastic syringe with air tubing on the end of it. I do this 2-3 times a week.

Manderin
06/05/2006, 09:24 AM
i feed my anemone freeze dried brine shrimp one a week.