PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an All-Glass "Classic Mission" stand/canopy?

theop
06/05/2006, 09:48 AM
I am planning a 90g tank, and think the All-Glass Classic Mission series funiture look pretty nice.

http://www.all-glass.com/products/featured/classicmission/

Their page mentions that they are "made from an advanced laminated composite material - the same technology used in high-traffic laminate flooring". I was wondering if this is nice material and what the finish looks like.

Has anyone seen them in person or have one? What were your impressions?

asmujica
06/08/2006, 11:58 AM
I'm interested also.

I'm gona go live in Durham in August, any pointers?

theop
06/08/2006, 02:04 PM
Still looking for someone with experience...

There are 2 LFS here in Durham that sell All-Glass (and probably more in Raleigh). Both say they can order the stand/tank/canopy for me, but neither have any examples in stock.

achenator
06/08/2006, 06:11 PM
i think PatMayo has one of those

wtac
06/08/2006, 07:25 PM
I've seen them in LFSs in my area. Personally I like them. Very solid feel and no centre brace in the middle of the cabinet frontage to make access a breeze. IMHO, very well thought out, designed and constructed. Rather pricey here in Ontario, Can: $700 cabinet, $450 canopy but well worth it compared to other manufacturers (particle/pressboard) and the cost of going to a millworker for a similar/waterproof material and workmanship.

JM2C.

PatMayo
06/08/2006, 08:58 PM
I do have that stand. I really like it. Solidly built and as wtac said no center brace in the bottom of the cabinet. It's very easy to get to everything below. I did not buy the canopy for heat reasons. I did not want to buy a chiller. Also I think you have to use retro fit kits for the lights. The "Reef" store where I bought mine thought a certain self contained light would fit in the tall canopy and it wouldn't. I'm not a DIY'er so I opted to go without the canopy and have the lights on legs. I like the look without the canopy. Additionally, the tank is in the family room, (I have a tri-level house), the small kitchen table overlooks the dinning room and with the canopy I wouldn't have been able to see the TV whilst eating. Priority's you know.

Anyway, I would recommend this to anyone. If you want to see some pictures of it go to this link. It my tank. I'll try to find the best page with pictures of it so you don't have to go through all pages.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=780206&perpage=25&pagenumber=3

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask or PM me.
Unfortunately there are not a lot of real good shots of the tank stand. I was concentrating on the tank itself. Look at page 3, it's the page that is in the link. If you like I can take better pictures of the stand and pm them to you or you can pm me your email address and I will email them to you.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Pat

theop
06/09/2006, 07:50 AM
Thanks! That really helps and confirms that I'll probably go with this type of stand. I am planning a FOWLR with some retrofit PC lighting, so the canopy isn't a problem for me. I'll be content with my smaller reefs for the time being. If (when) I upgrade it to a reef, I'll probably just retrofit T5 into it, or I could just take the canopy off for MH as you are doing.

The stand not having a center brace is nice because I'll be using a pretty long Lifereef sump which I picked up used.

If you ever get a chance to take a full tank & stand shot, please post it to your thread so i can see what it looks like.

PatMayo
06/09/2006, 08:43 AM
Your Welcome. I'll try to do that this weekend. I just put a zenia in the tank so I want to get that up as well.

Regards,

Pat

Ironsheikh
06/09/2006, 09:32 AM
I LIKE THEM, PROB MY FAVORITE LOOK NEXT TO BLUEREEFAQUATICS STYLE WHICH ARE EVEN MORE EXPENSIVE-- SEEN IT IN PERSON AND LIKE IT--JUST TOO DARN EXPENSIVE.

OFFICEAQUA.COM sells them for 1/4 price