PDA

View Full Version : Just added 2nd Percula, hope they both get along!

tonypal85
06/08/2006, 09:18 PM
I just added a 2nd Percula Clown to my 180 gallon. I used to have a pair of Perculas, but about 2 years ago the larger clown jumped to her death! I finally found a percula that I wanted today at the LFS. The current clown is about 2 1/2 inches long. The clown I just added is about the same length. Once I put him in my tank he immediately went to the other clown. However, the other clown seemed to be annoyed by his new tank mate. The new clown just wanted to hang out with him, but he kept getting the cold shoulder. We will see what happens in the coming days. I really hope they both accept eachother. Can anyone share the past experiences with this type of situation?

stykthyn
06/08/2006, 10:13 PM
doesnt sound good, if they are both over 2", odds are that they are both female and wont get along.

tonypal85
06/09/2006, 09:04 AM
crap.

tonypal85
06/09/2006, 02:17 PM
I'll keep you all posted on what I see when I get home tonight. IM REALLY hoping that they will get along. Keeping my fingers crossed.

hopper
06/09/2006, 06:07 PM
Tagging along as I am wanting to do the same thing. I have heard that you need to get a smaller clown if you are going to put it in with one already existing in the tank.

tonypal85
06/09/2006, 08:29 PM
Checked them out tonight. The new clown seems to be staying away from the other clown. He sticks around the same place near the top of the tank. He seems too scared to move away from his "spot". I will give it a couple of days, and if it doesnt work out I will try to get rid of them locally.

vanmo92
06/09/2006, 10:11 PM
I hope they get allong. I had the same situation, I had two, one jumped and when i added another there was some aggression but it wasnt to bad. Just keep your fingers crossed.

snorvich
06/10/2006, 09:03 AM
When adding a second anemone fish to a tank (only amphiprion percula truly are clown fish) be sure and add a very small one if you wish to have them pair off. Adding a second one of a similar size simply will not work. They are sexually dimorphic but are unable to change back from the female state.