PDA

View Full Version : It's okay to put my MR-2 intake within the tank drain area isn't it??

Mr James
06/09/2006, 05:45 AM
I have an MR-2 and the intake for the skimmer was at the far right of the sump, the same area as the main tank return. I ran into some trouble with it there, so I drilled a new hole in the main tank drain area for the intake to the skimmer. I was wondering if the millions of bubbles in that area will inhibit the skimmer in any way?? Is it okay to suck "bubbly" water into the beckett skimmer?? Or does the water need to be still, or without millions of micro-bubbles?? I'll post pictures tonight.

bryanth73
06/09/2006, 07:10 AM
for best skimming no bubbles into the skimmer. I think the article is still in Calfos forum about "improving skimmer performance" it is all explained in there

bryanth73
06/09/2006, 07:36 AM
heres the link skimmer improvement (http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=554786&perpage=25&pagenumber=1)

MIKE NY
06/09/2006, 08:38 AM
I have mine set up the same way and I use a filter sock on the drain tubes to trap the bubbles so the skimmer doesn't suck them in.........

manderx
06/09/2006, 11:19 AM
your skimmer pump won't be able to generate as much pressure with all the bubbles since air compresses so easily. it's like throwing a bunch of springs in there.