PDA

View Full Version : Aquacontroller JR

RevHtree
06/10/2006, 10:49 AM
Where is the absolute best priced place to buy this unit with the temp/ph probes and 8 outlets? (don't know the real name for the outlets ;) )

Thanks.

Shooter7
06/10/2006, 10:54 AM
Mark at TheReefStop had some group buys going before when I got mine. You could check with him about what he's got going on right now.

crumbletop
06/10/2006, 10:55 AM
I got mine from premium aquatics. The reefstop used to have a group buy that was cheaper (by about $15 or $20), but I don't think they have that group buy going on anymore. Here is a link to the AC Jr. at Premium Aquatics.

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=C-NEP-ACJR&Category_Code=

FWIW, the AC Jr. has been great (I've had it for several months). Recently I just added the DC-4HD because I was having some issues with my new lights tripping my GFI. I'm now going to be able to have two controlled sets of outlets which means if my lights trip the GFI, then everything else (heater, fans, pumps, etc) will still keep ticking. If I had decided upon the Reefkeeper II (which is a bit more expensive) I wouldn't have been able to expand in this way. Needless to say, I am _very_ pleased with my purchase.

Jack

RevHtree
06/10/2006, 11:00 AM
Not very familiar with all the hardware. Is the DC8 what I will need to plug all the lighting and stuff into? Is that 8 outlets?

Also what is the difference in the Lab and Reg Ph probe.

Thanks for the great info so far.

crumbletop
06/10/2006, 11:18 AM
The DC-8 is an 8 outlet box. Each socket is individually controllable. If you have high amp stuff, they make the DC-4HD (heavy duty) that allows up to 12 amps per outlet and 15 amps total. I'm not sure what amps each socket can take in the DC-8. I think the DC4HD is recommended for the IceCap ballasts, so depending on what you are using for your MHs you might need to consider this. You can poke around at their website (http://www.neptunesys.com/). They also have a vendor forum here. You might want to ask some questions regarding your tank specifics over there just to make sure you get the right setup.

RE: the pH probes, I'm not sure what the difference is. I got the standard and it works fine. I'm not sure if the extra $ for the lab grade is worth it or not.

Jack