PDA

View Full Version : How to mount to Stream 6100

Mickey
06/10/2006, 03:04 PM
I had planned on getting my two new Tunze Stream 6100's installed today in my 225 gallon display tank but I can't figure out the instructions for the mounting rail. I have read the directions many times and studied the picture and played with the parts but I just don't get it. I'm hoping you can help.

There is a small rectangular piece with a screw hole in the middle that I believe fits into the rail that goes inside the aquarium. Then there's a second small rectangular piece with two screw holds in it which I believe goes on the outside of the glass. then there's a stabilizer bar. Do I connect the two rectangle pieces and the stabilizer bar with a screw through the center holds?

If I turn the stabilizer bar so the angled corners are down rather than up like in the picture it seems like this will work. The screw will end up sitting on the top edge of the glass.

What's the purpose of the second screw?

Another question, would it be safe to put the bracket for the pump in the bottom hole or the rail? Or am I safe going up a hole?''

Thanks.
Mickey

jmaneyapanda
06/10/2006, 03:27 PM
Im not sure if I understand your description properly, but the two screw go in from opposite directions. I belive only one will actually thread into the other piece, while the top screw just tighten into the dummy hole to stabilize the mount. It certainly is confusing, but piddle with a little, you'll get it.

rvitko
06/11/2006, 03:11 PM
Here is a pic of one installed- 7400/2 but the concept is the same.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/787Oceanic.jpg

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/787IMG_0416.jpg

Mickey
06/28/2006, 07:14 PM
Sorry for not responding sooner but I haven't been able to get back on email for various reasons.

I'm all set now. thanks for the pics. Eventually I got it. Pics helped to confirm I had it right as I didn't want the pump falling into my sandbed sometime while I was away.

My fish love the extra current!

Mickey

rvitko
06/29/2006, 07:43 AM
Good to know. They can be tricky at first but once you figure them out I think they are a good holder.