PDA

View Full Version : Problem and Question with ACIII and X-10

TheJester(Clown)
06/12/2006, 03:14 PM
I have a new ACIII. I am slowly adding things to it. I haven't had any issues until now. It seems that item I try to hook up that has an address above A10 doesn't work. I have tried naming a powerhead. to shut on and off only once a day. My X-10 controler has been set to A10 then A11 and then to B1. A11 and A12 nothing happened at all. When I switched it to B1 it did run but I couldn't control it. I looked at some of the threads and tried a couple of things that might have helped. I do have it and another controler hooked up to a cheap power strip. The other controller that is assigned A10 works fine. These controllers are only about 2 ft. from the ACIII and are on the same circuit.
Any ideas? Thanks

clp
06/13/2006, 10:47 AM
Most likely there is some X10 interference/electrical noise that is corrupting the X10 signal. I don't think that it is address related. Here are a few things to check/try:

- Make sure that the control interface is plugged into the AquaController with a 4 conductor telephone cord. The light should blink off when commands are sent out, but otherwise will be on.
- Make sure that the control modules x10 addresses match the configuration of the AquaController. The default AquaController program is listed in the back of the manual.
- The control interface and control modules should plug into the same circuit. If not, you may need to install a signal bridge.
- Do no use power strips with active surge suppression as they can attenuate the x10 signal. Use inexpensive powerstrips.
- With the AquaController try to turn on and off the control modules. Go to Control & Status -> Manual Control. Select the device you are having trouble with and repeatedly turn it on and off. Note that commands are only sent out when you press the select button.
- If you have added any new equipment to your tank, turn it off, and then repeat the Manual control test.
- Try switching to an unused X10 address on the control module and in the AquaController’s configuration.
- Try swapping the control module with a known good one and see if the problem persists.
- Try power cycling the AquaController. Remove the 9V battery and unplug the AC adapter at the same time.
- If nothing is working try shutting off all appliances around your tank, and then try the manual on/off test. If something is causing X10 interference around your tank, it is likely an electronic ballast.

Curt

hawkeye31657
07/08/2006, 04:04 AM
well this is very interesting to me as i just got my controller for the neptune and hooked my first x10 moon light to my system.
i first got the x10 in my home and have all the lights upstairs and some down stairs working fine until i hooked this 513 to the neptune and now all my x10 lights in my house are turning them selves off and on as they wish i will check the power strip first and see what happens but i am thinkinh i wi;ll need to change the a setting om my house switches to a different leter than a now as i think the controler is sending info to the a setting you think this might be right can anyone help me out here thanks .

hawkeye31657
07/08/2006, 09:18 AM
well just got back from the store and got a new power strips with no active surge suppression and in just a minute the x10 light systen for my house came on on there own so now i will try to change the address to other thsn a or b see if this fixes the problem hope it does any help would be nice

hawkeye31657
07/10/2006, 06:33 AM
well now i have my problem fixed i had to change my house x10 system to a different letter like C and this fixed the ghost problem i had in my house. I would like too say this forum has helped me a lot and hope the be working with you all soon.
thanks for the help.

hawkeye31657
07/14/2006, 12:08 PM
wow we never got a question answerred here

clp
07/14/2006, 10:48 PM
I thought you answered your own question, so I never responded. If you still have questions/issues let me know and I'll help out.

Curt