PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Goby Problem

Eron
06/12/2006, 03:24 PM
I 2 HAVE YELLOW GOBYS WHO FROM TIME TO TIME TEND TO PERCH ATOP MY ACRIPORAS OR MONTIPORAS, NOW I AM STARTING TO SEE SOME DETERIORATION IN THESE SPOTS, WHERE AS OTHER AREAS ARE GROWING, IS THIS NATURAL OR WOULD IT BE THE GOBYS, IF SO HAS ANYBODY AN EASY WAY OF CATCHING THEM WITHOUT PULLING ALL OF THE ROCK OUT

Sk8r
06/12/2006, 04:04 PM
Yellow clown gobies? Or yellow watchman gobies?

The easiest way to catch uncatchable fish is either to spot them asleep after dark and net them or [bigger production] drain the tank in a hurry and net them when they're in shallow water: if you deepen a pool, it works better. Bag the fish and start pumping the water back in. You may get some ph shift, but nothing too bad, long as you don't rile the sandbed. Corals don't mind being out of water. If you have red tree sponge you have to keep it submerged, but that's the only thing I know that can't stand it.

Eron
06/13/2006, 09:56 AM
Thanks sk8r

sloshesv
06/13/2006, 10:47 AM
My yellow clowns killed my acro but don't harm my 2 monti caps.

RevHtree
06/13/2006, 10:58 AM
I had 2 kill some acro as well. When I went after them they would hide in a rock, sooooo, I took a clear tube and started a siphon into a bucket. Then I stuck it in there hole and sucked them right out. Then I returned any water I took out.