PDA

View Full Version : Fish List, Add Three swallowtail angels?

TacoKing
06/13/2006, 06:57 AM
I have a 280 SPS tank that I'm slowly and surely getting stocked. The tank has been up for about 1.5 years now. Here are the current inhabitants.

1 - Lg female tomato clown.
6 - blue eyed threadfin cardinals
2 - lyretail anthias
1 - ranfordi gobi
1 - lg fox face

I am going to be adding the following:

6 - purple queen anthias
1 - green mandarin
1 - yellow head jawfish
1 - arc eye hawk fish.

I've always loved the genecanthus angels, and I've come across some japaneese swallowtail angels at a good price. Since they are hemaphrodites getting females would be the right option? Also i hear 3 is the key number here...

Any problems with this list? Would adding the angels be a problem?

Thanks.
-Rob

LargeAngels
06/13/2006, 07:01 AM
IMO, No problem.

snorvich
06/13/2006, 08:25 AM
Hawk fish will be tough on shrimp. Purple queen anthias may prove difficult. The angels should do well but must be added concurrently or there will be a problem.

LargeAngels
06/13/2006, 08:30 AM
Good point. I only commented on the angels.

Crusty Old Shellback
06/13/2006, 08:32 AM
I don't see a problem with it. I just add a female Wantanabie to my tank to go with my male I already had. She was put in on Saturday and I finally saw her out this morning. The male has been keeping her "company" but dosen't really seem to be bothering her.

I also have a female Bellus angel in my tank and the two species get along fine. I have everything from small sunburst anthias to a large 13" vlamingi tang and a bunch of tangs and wrasese in between. No problems so far and the first Wantanabie has been in there since december.