PDA

View Full Version : Telnet to AquaControllerIII connected via ethernet

dpeddle
06/13/2006, 09:19 AM
I am trying to telnet into my AquaControllerIII that is connected via ethernet. and not having much luck.

I have tried default port (23) no luck, and port 80 (webserver port) with no luck. Is there a different port that I should be using, or is telnet only supported when the controller is directly connected to a pc (serial)?

Any help would be great.

telnet {ACIII IP}

Connecting To {ACIII IP}...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23:
Connect failed

telnet {ACIII IP} 80

HTTP/0.0 501 Not Implemented
Server: AquaController 3.0

Connection to host lost.

clp
06/13/2006, 11:07 AM
Something is either blocking tcp port 23 or that tcp port is not being forwarded from the internet to the AquaController. Check the firewall software, and make sure that your router is forwarding port 23.

Curt

dpeddle
06/14/2006, 08:31 AM
I figured I would post a reply incase anyone else is having this problem.

I realized my "stupid mistake"...Aquanotes was up and running (connected the same way). Running "netstat" revealed this. Once I killed Aquanotes I was able to connect with no problem.

Curt,

Is there a command that can be passed to the controller that will spit out the season table? I was wanting to generate a chart with an overlay of the seasonal temperature vs the actual tank temperature.

Thanks in advance.

clp
06/15/2006, 05:56 PM
If you have a AC3 or AC3Pro you can use the 't' command in telnet. Enther the month number followed by 't'. Like:

1 t

For January.

Curt

dpeddle
06/16/2006, 06:12 AM
Thanks,

That is exactly what I needed.

Are there any other commands that apply to the AquaController 3?