PDA

View Full Version : Maybe now, I will soon be starting the final tanks of my hobbyist carrier

DragonMorayEels
06/14/2006, 03:23 PM
40 breeder is setup and both reef tanks calcium reactors are running now and next Friday I will pick up 12 yellowtail damsels for the 40 in which later will go into the eel tanks. Jeff said that there is still to many damsels in the DME tank for I told him the dragons not look to give chase because there is that the damsels could run too in escaping the dragons to where as in the goldentail eels, in their tank the damsels last a long time for now after 20 months I will be needing to add more damsels to the goldentails tank.

I will be heading on out to fish world next Friday to get the damsels for the temporary 40 breeder/QT that later on will becomes a small reef tank.

Like at the store they keep their salinity at 1.019 and my eel and reef tanks I keep 1.025-26 which I will keep for the time being on the 40 a salinity of 1.021 in which each fish i pick up for the reef tanks will be in this 40 for not less then 7-8 weeks that if I ever be needing to treat will copper, I no more then a 1/2" sand bed and later will add some PVC pipes for hiding.

Jeff knows that because the cost had jumped back up over $6,000 and with both reef tanks Jeff figures my extra electric cost will be around $200 for the month making my monthly power bill over $320.

So as I was saying, Jeff knows because of what im too get done with the doctors that I not be able to spend as much for the next number of months and he said that I trusted him with my money that he could trust me that we will run a tab.

I do hope you all understood that the 180 I already for years even before the moving that some upgrades was done to it and that the 240 is my newest tank and will be the final tank for the remaining years of the hobby.

Now do know and remember that this will be slow going for I no plan to stock in just a few months both reef tanks. As well that each fish I get for the reef tanks will be housed in the 40 breeder/QT for not less then eight weeks.

I know that even doing all this that there be no guarantees I not loose a fish, but at least I will look to do what is right from the start that is there be any fish lost that the problem will stay within the 40 breeder and not the 180 and 240 reef tanks.

Buddy ><{{{{">

Sk8r
06/14/2006, 03:42 PM
Good luck!

xtrstangx
06/14/2006, 03:59 PM
I think you meant to do "Post Reply" not "New Thread"?

Either way, good luck and happy reefing.

DragonMorayEels
06/14/2006, 04:17 PM
xtrstangx, I did meant to do this post reply, but I forgotten the name of that topic and then is why it`s a new topic, sorry about that.

It is why I be keeping two books with tank maintenance and the other book of which coral or fish, when bought and updates on that species.

Because i can in no way remember all those things :(

Buddy

DragonMorayEels
06/16/2006, 05:45 PM
Temporary 40 gal QT
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/Buddy1938/20060616_1364.jpg

I now had started to run the VHO blues for about 12 hours a day now to get a little algae before adding the snails and hermit crabs
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/Buddy1938/20060616_1356.jpg

Next week on friday I will drive out to fish world to pick up 12 yellowtail damsels to start aging the 40 breeder/QT , this 40 was setup just this past Wednesday and I always wait a while before adding any damsels. Also later I will add some PVC pipes, elbows or so 3-4" for hiding places.

Buddy