PDA

View Full Version : Best LFS in Omaha

jbittner
06/15/2006, 06:48 AM
I went to 2 fish stores on my first trip to Omaha (since moving from Denver) and to say the least I was very disapointed. Both price and selection were shocking. I hope I just visited the wrong ones. So I wondered what everyone thought of their favorite shop (good and bad). Thanks in advance

JDrex
06/15/2006, 07:42 AM
I think aquapets out on 108th and maple is the best store in town. They have my vote.

Mercutio
06/15/2006, 08:19 AM
Which ones did you go to?

lvpd186
06/15/2006, 11:19 AM
I would vote for Paradise Cove, although each store seems to have it's pluses and minuses.

jbittner
06/15/2006, 02:59 PM
I went to Petland and pet world.

LANMan
06/16/2006, 05:50 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7566295#post7566295 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lvpd186
I would vote for Paradise Cove, although each store seems to have it's pluses and minuses.

I tend to agree. It seems quite often that there is one store that will have a good selection and pretty good prices one week, then the next week it is a different story and someone else will take that top spot. Guess it depends on what is available to the stores to order at any given time.

It does seem that I don't visit Petland very much though, even if they have a great selection simply because you can get trampled in there and there is quite often a wait of 15-20 minutes before you can even get a clerks attention. I don't mind 5 minutes to look around but standing there forever can talk me out of buying whatever it was I wanted to get. PC seems to be pretty consistent though, they are just too far away and out of the way for me to visit every week.

remo85
06/16/2006, 10:50 PM
PC pets is awesome. you can't beat the customer service! IMO, customer service is what will keep people coming back. I had a bad run in with someone at another store, and i dont go there anymore.

jbittner
06/28/2006, 02:19 PM
I stil haven't found a pet store in Nebraska that fits my needs. I have visited all but Aqua pets. Nobody seems to use T5 out here yet and the only salifert test kit I found looks like it's 50 yrs old (still had to buy it) So mail order it is!!!

tangdiver
06/28/2006, 02:44 PM
No need for mail order...what about me? Salifert tests kits all in stock except the ones noone can get yet. SPS, rare zoos, all treated for flatworms, nudi, and such. Ask around. I am worth a trip to Sioux Falls, 2.5 hours north. Check us out in Sioux Falls Area Aquarium Society. Oceans of the Midwest, Inc.

thanks,

Grant

lvpd186
06/29/2006, 06:46 AM
can you post your shop address & hours?

kau_cinta_ku
06/29/2006, 07:47 AM
i agree ocean's of the midwest is a great place to go. he is the only fish store i go to now and Grant is a great guy. he knows his stuff. if you go to the Sioux Falls Area club forum you will find a thread about his hours and such.

tangdiver
06/29/2006, 07:57 AM
Thur & Fri 3-6 and sat 11-4.

Low on fish till next week...quite a few zoos, sps, and lps...

thanks,

Grant

tangdiver
06/29/2006, 07:57 AM
7300 w. 66th street

SW part of Sioux Falls

jbittner
06/29/2006, 09:11 AM
I already live two hrs south of Omaha. So I would be unable to make a 4 hr trip on a regular basis but I may make the voyage. Thanks

I am just spoiled by the stores in Denver and the front range. I have been looking for an emerald crab and an lawnmower blenny (normal fare in Denver) for the past three trips to Omaha and I have been unable to find either.

LANMan
06/29/2006, 11:41 AM
I've got a lawnmower blenny I would be willing to part with. I will be moving everything into a new tank next week so I can have him all bagged up if you want to make the trip to SW Omaha. Also will have a couple other fish in need of a new home at the same time (Flame or Coral Beauty Angel and either a pair of Percula's or a pair of Gold Striped Maroon Clownfish). I'm combining two tanks into one so some things won't be able to stay. Send me a PM if interested.