PDA

View Full Version : Cupramine & Maracyn Two at Same Time?

bigdee65
06/15/2006, 07:45 AM
I currently have a Carpenters Flasher Wrasse in my 29g QT and he started to show signs of what I believe is Marine Velvet. I started treating with Cupramine a few days ago and since then he has started to come out of hinding a little more and swim around.

About 2 days ago I noticed that the fish was experiencing stringy feces that were not braking clean from the body. There are some white specs in the feces but the majority is brownish. The fish is still eating twice a day and has not lost any weight.

My questions is can I treat Maracyn Two along side the Cupramine? I remember reading its not good to mix meds but does that include copper?

Thanks!

kevin2000
06/15/2006, 10:27 AM
Stringy feces can mean a number of things ... sometimes simply diarrhea sometimes an indicator of internal parasites .. maracyn 2 is normally used for simple external bacterial problems and I doubt it would help.

I would simply observe the fish for a while and see if this problem doesn't clear up on its own ... if not then treating for internal parasites/infection may be in order - heres a link which describes the treatment.

http://www.petsforum.com/personal/trevor-jones/internalinfections.html

Hope this helps.