PDA

View Full Version : new tank for zoa's

milkshake
06/16/2006, 11:14 PM
Need some real good advice here about a new tank that I am setting up that will be dedicated to zoo's. I have a 24gal. aquapod w/64w pc's 50/50. Just about everyone in my reef club says to use Bio-Spira for cycling the tank. I was told to put a damsel or two for the ammonia that is required by the Bio-Spira to start working effectively. Two days is what I was told that the tank should be ready for putting the zoa's in. My question here is, is this long enough for the tank to cycle (w/Bio-Spira) before adding zoo's? Of course there will be several pieces of LR. My thoughts on this is to wait it out for a week at least before adding them. I have several new zoos coming in this next week and none are cheap by any means. I don't want to make the wrong decision here and kill the guys.

Mr.Furious
06/16/2006, 11:55 PM
There is no "set time" for tank cycling. Test your tank and when the levels are good start adding the corals you want.

cardgenius
06/17/2006, 01:31 AM
It takes a couple days for the bio-spira to settle. I dont think you need to add any damsels. Just add the bio-spira then check your levels in a couple days to see if everything is ok.