PDA

View Full Version : Adding overflow to a 90g

coryjac0b
06/18/2006, 02:55 PM
I plan on getting my tank drilled and adding an overflow myself, which company/website sells over kits, and what is the best type of glue/silicone to use for this?

also, if i plan on drilling it myself, what size holes am i going to need to cut, and also, what type bit, and who sells them.

rsxs1212
06/18/2006, 07:47 PM
well if your adding the overflow yourself your probably better off just making the box... its not that hard at all. i dont know of any overflow kits except for hang-on-back versions which you obviously are not looking for if you are drilling the tank. Use silicon. make sure its 100% silicone. i am not sure on the exact brand but if you just want to play it safe just get the all glass aquarium silicone :) from all glass aquariums. As for drilling yourself its really not that hard at all. the only things you need to do is make sure you keep the hole saw cool. you are going to need a diamond hole saw. what size you need is all personal preferance basically. There is a guy on ebay who sells diamond hole saws dirt cheap from hong kong. most people run a 1" drain and a 3/4" return allthough you can do as you choose.

hope this helps