PDA

View Full Version : clownfish sick?

jag911
06/18/2006, 07:16 PM
my 18 day old tank raised ocellaris is acting very sick. hovering low to the sand and almost overturning. been like that for a couple days.

I know he is stressed/sick/close to dying and I probably won't be able to help... but i'm trying to understand what caused it in the first place.

I have a three stripe damsel, a hepatus tang, a pair of TR ocellaris, skunk shrimp, brittle star, emerald crab, fuji LR...

temp varies throughout the day, lowering to 79.5 or so at night and getting to 81.5 peak. SG is 1.024, no ammo, trite, trate. Calcium at 450ppm. 2x96 power compact lunar light. i have a bit of algea but not an overgrowth.

feed the fishes back and forth between a marine flake and frozen mysis. The mysis cube is thawed with two drops kent garlic xtreme.

no signs of ich....

thoughts?!?!?!

nctommy
06/18/2006, 11:21 PM
From what it seems like is high stress from being so small and placed into an established tank. He has no where to hide and feel safe. Clowns need a home to keep there stress down. If he is still alive you could try to add something he can go into near him in the tank. It may help. I lost one clown because she like a broken conch shell to live in. Another fish took over the shell and she stayed around the bottom and eventually died from, I guess, the stress.

pufferpoison
06/19/2006, 12:31 AM
might want to go to fish disease section and look under "brook time"

I really hope this isn't what you have.

kevin2000
06/19/2006, 12:19 PM
My 02

A picture would help .. however unless you have a very large tank keeping more than one species of clownfish or more than two of the same species is a really bad idea.

Did you QT the fish before putting into the show tank?