PDA

View Full Version : small clown used up all three lives riding the Overflow express...

Xirxes23
06/19/2006, 06:27 PM
Well, third times a charm i guess :( The tank i have set up at my parents house had a missing fish AGAIN today, and upon inspection, lo and behold, a dead B/W Occelaris in the sump bag after overflow tube.

They told me thye were going to cover the teeth with a mesh. I a ****ed now that i got him out TWICE BEFORE and they still didnt have it covered...

I sent them to walmart to get some fishnet material (ahh the irony) to drape over the overflow teeth A.S.A.P.

Of course, the only B/W Occ left in the county is gone and there is no replacement.

If anyone knows of B/W Occ. becoming available soon in San diego, please let me know thanks.

a4twenty
06/19/2006, 06:45 PM
one of my clowns and my lawnmower blenny like to take the waterslide to my basement sump. luckily no fatalities as of yet. sorry to hear about your loss.

Flighty
06/19/2006, 10:02 PM
I had the same problem and rigged up this little gadget to protect the fish from the skimmer intake:

Overflow to Skimmer Fish Saverâ„¢
http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25717&highlight=saver

Xirxes23
06/20/2006, 12:55 AM
Anyone who is reading, please let me know of any availability you have seen of young (1-1.5") black Occ. anywhere in the united states less than 50 bucks. Marine depot is the only place that says they have them right now that i can find, and they are charging 90 bucks... no thanks...

Thanks for your sentiment and help, We rigged up some leese mesh foam to go in the teeth of the overflow until the dumb fish get larger.

glyle41
06/20/2006, 04:45 AM
I use Fiberglass Screen on my overflows after I to lost a Black and White fish and other ichthy stuff in tampa had a couple of black and whites for sale last week so maybe ORA has released afew

JER-Z
06/20/2006, 06:32 AM
yeah the stores here are flooded w/ black osc. right now...i doubt you will have to wait long to find one.