PDA

View Full Version : future plans

rekn
06/20/2006, 07:26 AM
after buying a house next year i plan on doing a 120g acro tank.

some fiji and tonga lr and getting purple and blue acro, some monti and such and maybe some ricordia along the bottom of the tank.

anyone know of a place i can get this sorta inexpensively?

CastleRock
06/20/2006, 07:50 AM
Just watch the for sale threads seems there is always someone bailing from the hobby.

Crit21
06/20/2006, 08:33 AM
Well, Exotic Tropicals (Wood and Fillmore) used to be the cheapest, but it's under new ownership. You'll have to check with the new owner on pricing. Fishy Business (Maizeland and Academy) will be under new ownership July 1st. He is promising very good prices. Check with him after the 1st. He won't have much in the way of SPS at first until he upgrades his lighting.

Come to the club meetings and get to know the members. You may be able to get an occasional acro frag for free or cheaply, but to fill a 120 (I'd recommend a 125 for the panoramic effect) with a lot of acros and nice rics will not be cheap.

I agree with CastleRock--watch the threads in here and in the Rocky Mtn group. You have to be fast, but there are good deals out there.

rekn
06/20/2006, 12:04 PM
ok cool.

yeah, i plan on being at the meeting this saturday. ive never been to that area so i was wondering if i could meet some one somewhere first and follow them to the meeting.

calvin415
06/20/2006, 12:06 PM
Shoot me a PM and I'll meet you somewhere. :)