PDA

View Full Version : feeding question

gabegmonkey
06/20/2006, 11:55 PM
How often should I feed SW Fish? They act like they're starving all the time but I've been feeding them just twice a day like I do with all my freshwater fish... Too much? too little? (I'm currently only feeding Flake food)

itZme
06/21/2006, 12:10 AM
I feed once a day and skip a day about once a week. They ALWAYS seem hungry and scarf down anything you put in there. I try to mix up the types of foods like frozen mysis shrimp, cyclopeeze, flakes, krill etc... It seems like it would be hard to get all the nutrition required to stay happy and healthy from just flakes but it would keep them fat and alive. (Kind of like you eating peanut butter and jelly every day for 3 meals)

Don't forget to add some veggies in there too. I try to feed some nori about 3 times a week too.

Hope that helps!
-- itZme

Teremei
06/21/2006, 12:46 AM
once a day or maybe twice a day (just a tiny bit if twice a day) and you can skip every once in awhile like Itzzame said, as long as the tank is mature with lots of live rock. Because it would have some live foods they could nip at if to keep them satisfied if so. .

gabegmonkey
06/21/2006, 08:03 AM
Ok so I'm basically feeding them too much/too often... and also feeding them the wrong stuff? Will Blue/Green Chromis eat Nori? I put some of that "Seaweed Salad" stuff in but they didn't seem very interested... So I should probably invest in frozen foods eh? what about dried krill, is that not as good as the frozen foods?