PDA

View Full Version : OT: Where to live in Colorado Springs Area?

maestro774
06/21/2006, 12:30 PM
I'm relocating near the end of July to work in the Springs but I'm not very familiar with the area, especially when it comes to housing. I've taken a few business trips there but never got the chance to really explore.

I'm looking to spend around 250-300k for a single family home, I'd love to get a nice view of the mountains, and I'd like to be close to shopping, etc. I saw a neighborhood at the foot of Pikes Peak that looked interesting but I'm not sure what it's called.

Also, any good marine stores in the area? I'm selling my whole system before I move and plan on restarting again a few months after moving.

calvin415
06/21/2006, 12:45 PM
Depends are you looking for a new build or an existing home? If you can go up a little more, my parents are selling their place (about 5 years old) and I'm sure he'll leave his SPS/Mixed reef if you're interested in it. :)

http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListing.asp?snum=1&mlsttl=&frm=byzip&pgnum=1&mls=xmls&js=on&target=&ct=&st=&sbint=&sbls=&sblo=&stype=&zp=80918&areaid=80918&mnsqft=&fid=so&vtsort=&mnprice=350000&mxprice=99999999&mnbed=0&mnbath=0&typ=1&poe=realtor&x=10&y=7&sid=06D0D5BC945BC&snumxlid=1060833792&lnksrc=00002

COreefer
06/21/2006, 12:52 PM
Is the neighboorhood at the foot of Pikes Peak more of a community? If so, then it is probably Manitou Springs.

The most desireble area in CS to live for most folks who move here is the West side of town, west of I-25. It is the closest area to the mountains and mountain recreation. To be honest, when I moved from the eastern US I had to live on the west side. The east side of town is like Kansas...

A couple of good neighboorhoods which you MAY find a home in your price range on the west side are Skyway subdivision, possibly Manitou and the Old Colorado City area.

Rockrimmon is another nice subdivision on the west side.

Crit21
06/21/2006, 01:04 PM
I think most members live east of the interstate, and most are to the east, north or northeast. I prefer the northeast.

maestro774
06/21/2006, 01:06 PM
calvin415, that's definitely a nice house, but it's way too big for my needs. I don't have any kids yet and I'd probably get lost in that house.

COreefer, I'm coming from the east coast also, and I'm really looking forward to not being broke after I pay the mortgage every month. Plus being close to skiing doesn't hurt either. I'll check out those subdivisions.

calvin415
06/21/2006, 01:22 PM
Nothing in Colorado Springs is close to skiing so don't let that make your decision. :) What are the most important items to you? School district? I know you didn't say kids yet, but planned? Land? Style of home? Age of home? New build? etc...

murfman
06/21/2006, 04:25 PM
Check out my neighborhood, Old Farm. We are single family homes in an older area of town. Not too expensive or too large either. Best store in the springs is just up the road and there are at least 6 reefers within 5 miles of here.

Crit21
06/21/2006, 05:05 PM
Best store??? I thought it was just the "nicest" store. I'd put Mr Aqua at the top as far as hard/soft coral quality and variety (also highest prices!). Oops, that's a subject for a different thread.