PDA

View Full Version : I think somethings up with my anemone

Krazy
06/22/2006, 06:20 AM
I think it is sick or something, I see white blobs around it and what looks to be stringy eggs or something on one spot of it, also it was in the back corner this am against my heater, I moved the heater up but is that bad, couldnt that kill him?

I'm worried about these stringy egg looking things though, they remind me of the eggs those anemone eating nudi's were laying 7 months ago when I started my tank... I know they are gone from my tank cuz my rock anemone doesnt budge one bit... what could it be??? any guess's without a pic (i cant get one where the anemone is)

my cinni clown will not leave this guy's sight but im wondering if I should exchange this GBTA now since i'm still in the 24 hr period...

Krazy
06/22/2006, 06:40 AM
The stringy things are inside of it under the bubble tips in 1 spot the are white/with a brownish line???

Krazy
06/22/2006, 07:00 AM
It doesnt appear to be ripped, at least I cant tell, the white blobs could be waste but I havent fed it yet... and I see the stringy things that appear to be cells perhaps in a few spots.. I'm probably over reacting as usual but if this guy's sick I wanna return him while I still can, Any tips to figure out if he's healthy ???

Krazy
06/22/2006, 08:30 AM
Maybe it is ripped, how can I tell, can someone help me out please ???

I dont think the stringy stuff is to worry bout but the white blobs and appearing to be ripped worries me, also the mouth is wide open , looking to be lettin some waste out but the damn clown is all in there... I think I'm just gonna return it for another... :(

redvipe2010
06/22/2006, 09:05 AM
Hard to tell without a pic. Is there a possibility it is splitting? I can e-mail you pics of mine splitting if you PM me your e-mail.

Krazy
06/22/2006, 09:58 AM
redvipe, you box is full but my email is kookookoo9@aol.com

thanks,
Keith

redvipe2010
06/22/2006, 10:24 AM
Sorry about that, I'll clean it out tonight. I just e-mailed you two pics.

Krazy
06/22/2006, 11:59 AM
Thanks I got em, I think it may be splitting !!! What I thought were rips are like a white film, almost like its base, and it wants to poo but the clown wont leave it alone, jeez!

redvipe2010
06/22/2006, 12:18 PM
I sure hope it's just a split coming. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Keep us updated.

Krazy
06/23/2006, 02:11 PM
Well I dont see any sign of a split nor all the stuff I was talking about the other day, It's looking better today, the clown loves this anemone so much, it will NOT leave it period, lol

A split woulda have been nice but with the size of this thing, I'm sure it'll happen in due time...

redvipe2010
06/23/2006, 10:45 PM
Glad it's looking better. It was probably just getting acclimated to your tank.

Krazy
06/24/2006, 06:33 AM
Yeah, it moved into the back a bit more overnight, But from doing reading, I guess this is normal for them, it'll make its way out sooner or later =0)