PDA

View Full Version : Close loop with chiller Question

eidillitih
06/23/2006, 08:08 PM
Okay I'm about to set-up my system again. I have a close loop with 2 1 inch outlet and 2 3/4 inch outlet with a 4200 gph Sequence pump. I want to plumb my chiller into the close loop.. My question is can I plumb the Chiller in with a Tee on the return from the pump running to the chiller and the outlet from the chiller in plumb back to the return line futher down the line. Would that work? as far as the efficiency of the chiller. Give me some suggestion or idea on how I should plumb please.

Thanks for your time

wrott
06/23/2006, 09:23 PM
As long as flow through chiller is optimal, it doesn't matter how it's plumbed. Just adequate flow in chiller--then to tank--and back to chiller (you can install a ball valve at inlet of chiller to get it right).

AZDesertRat
06/23/2006, 10:01 PM
How will you gauge or calculate the flow going through the chiller? You want to stay within the recommended flow range or the chiller will not be efficient. Velocity needs to be just right so water spends just the optimal amount of time in the heat exchanger coils to transfer the heat from the water to the chiller coils. If its too fast the heat will be carried back to the tank.

wrott
06/24/2006, 11:38 AM
You can measure it w/ a bucket.