PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Crew Timing

Nikon_Guy
06/25/2006, 10:42 AM
Hi:

After years of freshwater, I am in the process of setting up a new reef tank. The tank is in its seventh week and completed its cycle in the fourth week.

Week six saw an addition of a mated pair of true percula and a yellow tang. How long, or soon as the case may be, would it be wise to start adding a “cleaning crew”? What would you recommend that the cleaning crew consist of?

PS. The tank is live rock with a deep sand bed that was seeded with live sand and a couple of cups of additional sand from the macro-algae tank of a reputable lfs.

Thanks,

NG

HouseDJSTL
06/25/2006, 10:54 AM
You can add a cleaning crew now. I went w/ small hermits, misc. snails, 3 cleaner shrimp, and 2 emerald crabs....

bjonesjr1
06/25/2006, 11:05 AM
I started out with 10 blue legged hermit crabs, 2 mexican turbo snails, 10 astrea turbo snails, 3 peppermint shrimp, in my 55 gallon tank... You can add more as needed if what you choose doesn't keep the tank under control, but you don't want your inverts starving because their is nothing to eat. Oh yea
[welcome]

you'll find plenty of information here for you to read and plenty of people willing to help you out with any question you may have on your tank. Just ask around.

Nikon_Guy
06/25/2006, 07:22 PM
Thanks guys.