PDA

View Full Version : Help! Is my clam doing Ok?

tangman99
06/25/2006, 03:41 PM
I bought my Crocea last weekend and he has been opening everyday and I'm pretty sure he has been doing great. I have some pictures of him posted in this thread:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=868344

He has looked like the second picture in that thread everyday until I just noticed him a few minutes ago.

I just walked up and he is closed up like he looks at night when the lights are off. He still reacts to my fish swimming by closing up a little more but he is not opening. My lights have been on for about 3 hours now and this is the first time I noticed him today. Do they sometime no open when the lights are off? I do notice what appears to be a little slime in the water by his shell.

All parameters seem on par:

Calc 440
Alk 7 dkh
salinity 1.025

I still have him on the sandbed over a rock waiting for him to attach but I'm not sure if he has attached yet as he does change angles from day to day.

tangman99
06/25/2006, 07:23 PM
Well, he seem to be opened up nice again. He was close up for about an hour and slowly he's back out again. Maybe that normal. I'm just new to clam keeping so I'm being a little overly protective I'm sure.

mbbuna
06/26/2006, 07:34 AM
good to hear its opened again, just make sure nothing is nipping at it

tangman99
06/26/2006, 08:22 PM
He's perfect today. Opened up nice and happy. I have not seen anything bother it at all. When I come to the glass, my Yellow tang is all over the place following me so the clam is naturally reacting everytime she goes by. I feel much better now but still checking on it all the time.

mbbuna
06/26/2006, 10:55 PM
good to hear, keep looking:thumbsup: