PDA

View Full Version : ? about setting up QT

r0bin
06/26/2006, 08:56 AM
Can I use treated tap water for my 20 gal QT? Even though it is a QT it will be up for a while so I don't want to have to have a huge algae battle. Just wonderig b/c I buy my water buy the gallon and it would be easier. (Please dont recommend buying RO/DI system, I am well aware of this option and don't want to use it.)

Waxxiemann
06/26/2006, 09:03 AM
use treated water.

why won't you buy an RO?

r0bin
06/26/2006, 09:13 AM
I just think its easier to pick up a few gallons when I go to Wal-Mart once a week. Also I don't like the idea of all that waste water. Futhermore I figure by the time you replace filters and buy meters and such, you really aren't saving any money. I dont have to measure or hook up anything, I just pour, lol. Also some systems are slow, I have my water when I want it, as much as I want. I live one mile from Wal-mart. Its not for everyone but its simple for me.

So tap would be fine for the QT?

55semireef
06/26/2006, 09:18 AM
I would use the water you get from walmart. Say you got a sickfish. You want that sickfish to be put in the best water quality possible and you don't want to stress out your fish by having to acclimate it to tap water.

I agree with you on not getting an RO/DI system. I live less than two minutes from a publix where I can get great water. I don't have to worry about all the technical stuff with an RO/DI system.