PDA

View Full Version : fish help

CKreef
06/26/2006, 04:15 PM
What type of fish would you suggest to put with a pair of maroon clowns? No tangs

gflat65
06/26/2006, 04:31 PM
Blennies, gobies, mandarins (if you have the pods for em), wrasses (too many nice ones to name). My maroons don't mess with anyone unless it comes near the anemone. Then Shakes will run it off and go immediately back to the anemone to 'protect her man';). It seemed like she actually protected my first mandarin. My lawnmower blennie would sit on the mandarin's head and Shakes would chase the blennie off.

CKreef
06/26/2006, 04:47 PM
what about green chromis or firefish?

gflat65
06/26/2006, 04:56 PM
Chromis are pretty closely related, so that could be tricky. I had two blue damsels with just Shakes in the beginning (back when blue damsels were the cycler...). She chased them alot more than she ever has anything else. She got vicious every once in a while. I would think the firefish would be fine. We had a few with our Cinnamon (#2 PITA clown) and the clown didn't bother them.

waynesworld
06/27/2006, 07:52 AM
green chromis seem to get along better then the blue damsels with clowns as long as you get 2-4 of them as they are very social but will stay away from the clown when she shows her dominance the blue damsels that I had tried to challenge her more so I moved them.

cateyes
06/27/2006, 09:18 AM
i like the highfin cardinals or how about a flasher wrasse or two.

gflat65
06/27/2006, 12:59 PM
I have some PJ cardinals (and have had Banggai's before with Shakes) with no issues, too.

daniellemanuel
06/27/2006, 04:07 PM
I have a massive goldbar maroon that doesn't mess with anything. I have it with tangs, angels, chromis, butterfly. I don't have any problems mixing it. I obviously haven't tried with any other clowns. That would probably be my only problem.