PDA

View Full Version : overflow and CL intake design, feedback wanted.

liquidfunk
06/27/2006, 03:58 PM
I am designing a new tank and want to design it such that there is no plumbing out the back of the tank. As you can see in this design the water would flow into the sides, there would be "light defuser" material that fits in this hole, then a finer black mesh would glued to the light defuser to keep fish etc out. The water would both then flow down into the bulkhead in the bottom (closed loop intakes) and also flow up and over into the center portion that will be the normal overflow. There will also be center middle overflow up top to allow surface skimming in the tank.

This tank will be glass. I have checked on cutting the square out of the glass and sounds like it will be $30-40 per side. (lazer cut) not bad IMO.

Feedback? See attached

http://www.wavesreef.com/photos/Closed%20Loop%20&%20Overflow%20Design.jpg

silverwolf72
06/27/2006, 04:01 PM
Have to join the other site to see pic. Still working on my plumbing so I probably wouldn't be much help

liquidfunk
06/27/2006, 04:21 PM
I fixed the link. Sorry.

silverwolf72
06/27/2006, 04:51 PM
Ok I'm a little confused in the drawing but I think I see it. Seems like it would work I don't think the mesh would be good as it would probably trap alot of debris. are you going to run the returns threw the bottom of the tank also? Heard drilling the bottom of a glass tank is scary

liquidfunk
06/30/2006, 06:03 PM
Man no one else has any feedback? I thought this was the place to go!

silverwolf72
06/30/2006, 06:09 PM
KNow your pain, seems like most design ideas are usually low on responces or maybe it's just the 1's I post :)