PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried amino acid dietary supliments?

garymcgrath
06/28/2006, 05:44 AM
I was thinking of trying amino acid supliments from GNC or some online vitamine shops such as this:

http://www.vitacost.com/TwinlabAminoFuelConcentrate

Has anyone tried something like this? If so please share your experience.

Hobster
06/28/2006, 11:37 AM
I know that Salifert and Seachem sell supplements with amino acids. Do not know if all the ones listed in the example you listed are the same, needed, good or bad.

garymcgrath
06/28/2006, 02:06 PM
I believe that the most important ones are included, but I don't know about the extra ingredients. I also am unsure about the dosage. I was going to start with a small amount and slowly increase to see if there is a difference. I mainly wanted to see if I could save some money compared to using some of the products that are designed for reefs. I would be very interrested if someone has any experience with these (good or bad).

Habib
06/28/2006, 02:36 PM
I would't trust this particular one since the amount per serving and what is in it (and being liquid) just doesn't add up.

FYI, I'm a manufacturer of aquarium supplements but what I said here above can be checked.

Approx 500 ml bottle, 21 servings. So each serving is approx. 25 ml.

The amount of proetin in carbo's is already 25 gram and then there is water to it and more. So , IMO, it just doesn't add up.