PDA

View Full Version : Help me finish out my fish stock!

Shooter7
06/29/2006, 08:24 AM
Group Liveaquaria order is being put together for next week and I'd like to get in on the order with the other local folks. I have been trying for a couple months now to come up with a good idea of what I'd like to have as my last fish to add. Asking for advice and suggestions in case there is anything I haven't thought of or selections to look at. Of course, fish have to be available through Liveaquaria.

Tank is a 4x2x2 120 gal, total system volume of approx 150 gal. Mixed reef with the recent arrival of several SPS frags. Also has GSP's, zoas, LPS, ricordia, other shrooms, etc.

Current inhabitants include:

pair of Ocellaris clowns
Scopas tang
male and 2 female Lyretail Anthias
one blue/green Chromis
Large Foxface
Mandarin

I am looking to add either one larger type of fish or maybe 2 or 3 smaller fish. Some fish I have interest in include powder blue tang, royal gramma, red stripe angel (Eibl's), flame angel, Lamarck's angel, maybe some other type of tang, and other fish that may be suggested.

Fish I'm not so interested in are fish like sand sifting gobies, hawkfish, tangs or angels with brownish colors (as my scopas already is colored like this), yellow tang, hippo tang ("Dory") or anything that is going to raise hell with my current fish, who are all a very happy, compatible bunch right now.

I would like a fish (or some fish) who are more swimmers than those who just sit on the rocks or sand. I had a Carpenter's wrasse who was just an awesome little fish, but he mysteriously vanished one day and I have never seen him again. (and yeah, I checked everywhere)

So, please help me make my order and thank you very much for your insight and suggestions. :cool:

Jeffrey Porter
06/29/2006, 12:06 PM
i say go for 1 or a pair of any of the genicanthus angels.

Shooter7
06/29/2006, 05:27 PM
thanks

Looking at their stock, that limits me to a Lamarck's or Blackspot (swallowtail). Will keep them in mind.

Anything else?

john37
06/29/2006, 08:05 PM
as for smaller fish, i ordered barletts and lyretails from liveaquaria and actuallly like the barletts more so maybe you should try a couple of those.

for a big fish, powderblue tang.

Shooter7
06/30/2006, 05:29 AM
thanks....I think I'm going to just stick with my Lyretails as my anthias of choice right now.

I LOVE powder blues, but a little apprehensive about getting one. Just concerned that I would get a really aggressive one that would disrupt the peace I have in the tank now. Have been trying to search powder blue experiences and they seem to be varied. If I got one it would definitely be QT'd for several weeks and treated if found to have ich before being moved to the display.

Was looking at the swallowtail angels (blackspot) too and really like the female of that fish, but of course LA doesn't have any that they have marked as "female". They have some that are Indo origin, but it doesn't state whether they are male or female. A call to LA got me basically the equivalent of a shoulder shrug and "I dunno" when I asked if they had both males and females of the Indo origin of this fish and could I specify if I ordered.