PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Standards?

itz frank
06/29/2006, 10:26 AM
Ok. So i own a 20gal tank. I currently read into the lighting system that i first purchased with the tank before doing research and it's a Sunpaq 2x65watt 50/50 10k/Actinic(420mn or something like that). Now. Since measuring lighting by watts/gal is outdated what is the current standards for lighting? How do you measure what is enough light and what isn't. I currently have everything from Mushrooms to Monti Digi and cap. But i was curious as to how to read lighting standards or how you know you have enough light. My cap and digita are both on the same level in the aquarium but I noticed today that my cap's polyps were hidden and my digita was teaming with more life the the day before. I know this can be caused by other issues and i'm addressing them. But i was wondering what the standard is for lighting? Do i have enough light to keep SPS in my tank if towards the top? Do i not have enough lighting? Spell it out for me. thanx. -frank

ps. i posted this in the lighting forum and no one responded.

crustin
06/29/2006, 12:52 PM
i think its going to depend on what type of lighting system and what you keep, most people will tell you t-5 or halides for sps- i know that doesnt completly answer your question

WaterKeeper
06/29/2006, 01:19 PM
Dear Frank,

See if this helps The Lighting Thread (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=550860).

Enjoy