PDA

View Full Version : hooking up eheim 1250

CeeGee
06/29/2006, 11:04 AM
I need to know what it will take to hook my eheim 1250 into my existing 1" spaflex return line.
I think the eheim has a 3/8" male adapter coming out of the top currently.

I have been running a mag 9.5 for my return but decided to go with the eheim as the mag is loud and puts out waaaay too much flow for my purposes.

I went to savko but couldn't find anything that looked like it would work.

If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

crumbletop
06/29/2006, 11:14 AM
I used 5/8" OD, 1/2" ID tubing that I connected via a barb to some kind of union (it's behind my drain plumbing so I can't see the size). Then went with 1/2" ID tubing all the way up to the bulkhead. I think the union is 1/2", and at the bulkhead (3/4" on my tank) I use a 3/4" to 1/2" reducer and have a 1/2" barb screwed into that.

[edit] -- and I think the barb on the output side of the 1250 is 1/2".

Jack

crumbletop
06/29/2006, 11:15 AM
Gee, and I live just down the road!

Jack

JER-Z
06/29/2006, 11:17 AM
i cut a small piece of 3/8" ID tubing to fit over the barb...Then fit the 3/4" ID directly over top of that and it was a perfect fit.

CeeGee
06/29/2006, 12:07 PM
Yeah I live in driftwood acres right before the bridge into gallatin on highway 109 so I am really closer to gallatin than lebanon.

This eheim is really strange on the size of the output. I think I will take a trip down to lowes tonight and see what I can come up with.

how do you like your T5's? I think I am going to go with some halides as soon as money permits.

manderx
06/29/2006, 02:17 PM
i never liked the barbs that come with eheims. i always get regular ones to swap in.

crumbletop
06/29/2006, 02:34 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7652250#post7652250 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CeeGee
Yeah I live in driftwood acres right before the bridge into gallatin on highway 109 so I am really closer to gallatin than lebanon.

This eheim is really strange on the size of the output. I think I will take a trip down to lowes tonight and see what I can come up with.

how do you like your T5's? I think I am going to go with some halides as soon as money permits.

I like my T5s so far. I just finished acclimating things to them, so I'll se how they do. So far it looks like my montiporas all really like the increased light. I wanted to avoid the heat issues with halides and also didn't want to build a new canopy so I went this route. Halides would be nice though. You should check out the Middle Tennessee Reef Club (http://www.mtrc.org/). Lots of good local reefers.

Jack

CeeGee
06/29/2006, 03:36 PM
I got a lot of frags from fishdoc11 he is a super guy. I haven't joined the club yet.

I am not crazy about these T5's. I have the retrofit from reefgeek and I personally think that they may be too bright. I bleach corals that are on the bottom of the tank and my rics hate life right now.

I think I found the exact plumbing piece I need. Marine Depot has it. The bad thing is that shipping is $7 on a $1.50 part.

Lowes didn't have squat.:(