PDA

View Full Version : powder blue behavor

shells
06/29/2006, 11:42 AM
Hi everyone!
i've had a powder blue in our 150 gal tank for about 2 1/2 months now.
About 3 to 4 days ago the PBT has turned on our blue tang.
chasing it everytime he sees it. especiallya t feeding time.

i did cut back on food about a week ago, thinking i was feeding
too much. I've since went back to my original feeding, and have
notised only a slight change in behavior, where the blue tang
is coming out a little bit more.

do you think this behavior will improve? I don know the behavior
of the powder blue and that all same fish can have different personalities...from experience. :)

any thoughts would be great. i do have a 29gal that i thought
about moving the blue tang too, but 1. can i catch him and 2.
the tank isnt big enough for him, so its like the less of two evils...:confused:

Asuran
06/29/2006, 01:18 PM
powder blues are more aggressive and they dont care if the other tang is twice his size he will still go swipe at it.

it may improve or it may not depending on your PBT's personality. my PBT would go around picking fights with my Sailfin but eventually mellowed out... too bad they didnt make it though the night... the next day they would have been in the 180 i got for them :(

as for catching the regal and placing it in a 29gal i would go against that... as long its still eating it should be fine but keep a close eye on them

also try feeding in two different areas of the tank... i did that and the less greedy fish seem to learn that there is enough food.

shells
06/29/2006, 03:46 PM
THANKS FOR THE HELP. :)

thor32766
06/29/2006, 04:16 PM
yes make sure they are well feed, how often do you feed them? if tangs arent given enough food aggression will become an issue. Remember tangs are very very active fish, they burn tons of energy. thats why in the wild they are grazers constantly eating. So in the tank they need to be well feed and if possible feed atleast two times a day as a minimum

BTTRFLYGRL
06/29/2006, 07:33 PM
If You move anyone, move the PB....Let the Regal relax;) They do tend to be aggresive, thats why I don't have one.....but they are sooooooo beautiful!!