PDA

View Full Version : Hatching a Banded cat shark

Mr.Nudibranch
06/30/2006, 02:14 PM
I have a Hatching Banded cat shark and was wondering what a good food regiment is for there development or any helpful tips would be appreciated thanks.

Mr.Nudibranch
07/05/2006, 03:02 PM
Does anyone know anything about Cat sharks?

mitzel
07/05/2006, 07:02 PM
yea . What do you want to know ? your going to need a big tank 300gallon minimum .plenty of filtration. Feed it a varied diet consisting of squid shrimp muscles clams .

It CAN NOT be housed with puffers or triggers .
A ground probe is esential to having a happy shark

Mr.Nudibranch
07/05/2006, 07:06 PM
great I have done research but I have not heard of a ground probe whats that?

Msby12
07/05/2006, 07:14 PM
well i never heard of a ground probe, but when mine was in it's egg i just kept the water clean and around 78 degrees. It took about 2 months to hatch. and keep the egg as far away from the surface as possible because sometimes air bubbles get in the egg.

mitzel
07/06/2006, 02:13 AM
a ground probe is basicaly a metal rod that goes in the sump and it either atatches to the screw that holds the plate on the electrical plug or it will actually plug in to an outlet . It helps remove stray voltage in your system . http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_miscellaneous_titanium_grounding_probe.asp?CartId=

basically it gives an exit path to voltage thats hanging out in the tank messing with the fish/shark's senses .

Mr.Nudibranch
07/06/2006, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the responds I have heard of that about the air that’s what my local LFS told me also they said that they just push the air out of the ends of the egg when it happens. I have kept my water at 75-77 hows that sound? I will check out that ground probe also thanks for the tip:)