PDA

View Full Version : Help feeding a new BTA

Kevomac
07/01/2006, 10:30 AM
OK, I bought a very cool small GBTA, but my first attempt at getting it to eat was unsuccessful. I offered it a bit of white shrimp (bought at the grocery store, it's what I feed my French angel in my other tank as the major meaty part of his diet), but the GBTA dropped it, and the new host clown allowed it to stay out. Any suggestions on getting the anem to eat?

rdmpe
07/01/2006, 10:48 AM
How long have you had it? Is it otherwise happy with the flow/light? Mine would not keep food for the first couple of days, but has eaten a couple of times since. But I've only had mine (RBTA) for about a month.

ChickenCannoneer
07/01/2006, 01:46 PM
Make sure that you arn't feeding them too big of a peice of food. You could even feed mysis shrimp. If your tank is good and you have planty of light. Good luck, Tim

emilese
07/01/2006, 02:23 PM
If it's a new addition, it may need some time to adjust to your tank. Also, try some other foods like silversides or krill.

vessxpress1
07/01/2006, 03:50 PM
Yeah, try silversides. The slimy coating on anemones sometimes are attracted to one particular type of food depending on where it came from. Mine will begrudgingly eat shrimp but it loves silversides. If it's small, you'll only want to offer it a piece. Mine's large enough now to where I can give it whole ones up to about 4" in length. The tentacles should stick to it right away but make sure it's well thawed and warmed up so you don't shock it.

sloshesv
07/01/2006, 06:43 PM
Yep, start slow and small.

wrott
07/01/2006, 06:49 PM
It should be raw shrimp---I wasn't sure when you said "white". The protein is denatured when cooked--and may not taste good.

Kevomac
07/02/2006, 04:45 PM
It was raw. I will try smaller pieces.

Thanks all!

Yes he was just put in the tank, so I'll come back if dhe doesn't start eating soon!