PDA

View Full Version : Brain Coral Questions

psycho1
07/02/2006, 09:51 AM
I have been considering getting a brain coral.

What should I look for in a healthy speciman from the LFS?

Do they have any special care requirements?

Are they difficult to keep healthy?

My tank is almost 2 years old. It is 75 gallon with an 20 gallon sump. Sand bottom with at least 60+ lbs og live rock. I am running a coral life superskimmer with cheato in the sump. I am running 4 vho (2 acentinc, 2 white).

I currently have a huge toadstool and a bubble coral, both or over a year old and seem to be doing great.

Thanks for any input.

psycho1
07/05/2006, 10:08 AM
anyone?

playapablo2007
07/05/2006, 11:38 AM
I dont think they are that difficult just set them in a low medium flow area on the substrate with moderate to high lighting. I got my metallic green brain thats about 5 inches long in my 5.5 aga under 36w PC and its doing fine.

DrChaos619
07/05/2006, 03:11 PM
make sure that they are bright in color, mucus free and the tissue spreads all the way to the edges of the skeleton. the skeleton looks like if someone were to take a can of pringles potato chips, turn the can horizontally and stand all of the chips straight up and form a wall of ridges.

only4fudge
07/08/2006, 05:25 PM
I just look around for its bright colors, and as long as you see it fully expanded at the local fish store, it should be fine when you acclimate it and introduce it to your tank.

Other than that, goodluck to you