PDA

View Full Version : Inheriting a 72 gallon bowfront....

doowain9999
07/02/2006, 11:22 PM
My parents are giving me a 72 gallon AGA bowfront which they no longer have time to maintain. It has about 120 gallons of LR in it and various fishes. I have a 29 gallon and have dabbled a bit with corals and such, but have just a fish only setup with that one at the moment. (Gave the parents all of my LR and corals once I got married and moved out)

I'm looking to get back into the reef setup with this one I believe, so it looks like I'll be addicted once again

My question is this.....they currently have a hangon overflow (?) that runs to the sump underneath. I hate the box because it takes up way too much real estate inside the tank and it's not very pleasing to the eye hanging off the back like that. So, what are the chances of getting this thing drilled for overflows? Either by a professional or, depending upon how difficult it is, myself? Is this even possible?

I greatly appreciate any feedback and I look forward to lurking in these forums again.

badguitarist
07/02/2006, 11:48 PM
yes it is doable as long as the glass isnt tempered. Even if your only modestly handy with tools its not to terribly hard to do. but otherwise either get the local glass shop to do it or a lot of lfs will do it for a small fee. anyways good luck.