PDA

View Full Version : Rainfords Goby

hgbarwick
07/03/2006, 08:01 AM
I am thinking of adding a rainfords goby to my 12 gallon aquapod.

stock list

1 Black Percula Clown
1 Bicolor Blenny (I will move him to my 90 gallon when he gets to big)
1 Randals Pistol Shrimp

Do rainfords gobys need andy speical food? I will feed him frozen foods. Will this be enough for the little guy?

Travis L. Stevens
07/03/2006, 08:59 AM
I wouldn't get it. For a 12 gallon, those fish will grow large quickly. Plus a Rainford Goby needs a fair amount of space to properly forage for food. If you had a larger tank, I would say it would be fine. But it would be playing roulette by placing it in there.

hgbarwick
07/03/2006, 09:02 AM
OK then what would be a good fish to get for my tank. I already have a small bicolor blenny and a small black percula clown. I was thinking a blackray shrimp gob for my pistol shrimp?

Travis L. Stevens
07/03/2006, 09:09 AM
I would say that you have enough for a 12g tank. Especially a cube-like aquarium that doesn't lend much room for movement. If you just HAD to get a new fish, the Blackray Shrimp Goby would be a decent choice. It stays small, and if it pairs with the shrimp, it won't need much room to swim. Be careful that the clownfish and the blenny don't harass new additions since they have been in the tank for a while and they are already lacking on territory.

hgbarwick
07/03/2006, 09:10 AM
ok well I will let my fish be for a while. I might add another fish but thst wiil be later on down the road.

Travis L. Stevens
07/03/2006, 09:16 AM
Sounds good :thumbsup:

hgbarwick
07/03/2006, 09:36 AM
I will try to concentrate more on corals now Thanks for the help.