PDA

View Full Version : Marc Weiss Combo-Vital

socalreefer73
07/03/2006, 01:53 PM
Does anyone know if this stuff is actually beneficial to use in an aquarium? Anyone use this stuff regularly? I won some in a raffle and I'm not quite sure if its something of value or not... Thanks in advance...

ingredients:

Black Powder :

Ingredients: Crude protein, crude fiber, quartz, Cytokinin, yeasts

Derived from ferment of: Citrus leaves, yeasts, animal by-products

Spectra Vital:

Ingredients: Vitamins: Beta carotene, vegetable, protein, Gamma-Linolenic acid, iron, B-12 and B complex, Polysaccharides, Sulfolipids, glycolypids, Dextrose, Dl-Alpha-Tocopherol acetate, L-arginine, Vitamin A, D3, E, Thiamine, nianacidamide, B6, Folic acid, menadione, biotin, inositol, ascorbic acid, yeasts

Derived from ferment of: Spirulina citrus molasses, sweet potato, cayenne peeper, Anise and Stevia

PPi
05/31/2007, 08:10 AM
I bought some because it was on sale. I put it in after the first week of curing my LR. Figured what could it really hurt. I don't know if it was coincidence or it did do something. Within 4 hours, the rock's colors just started contrasting towards the red hue. The rock lost most of its colors after the first 2 days it was cycling. The part I didn't like is that it was basically like dumping dirt into your tank. It would be fine if you had black sand... It made the tank pretty messy for a couple of days. I am going to use the remainder in my quarantine tank to see what happens. I also had worms and algae blooms within a day. Some kind of crazy mojo... Has anyone used Fiji gold or any other ancient Chinese secrets?

NaH2Ofreak
05/31/2007, 09:16 AM
Just curious, Did ya happen to see any sparks when you opened the container? :eek1: :smokin:

burton14e7
05/31/2007, 09:18 AM
I had used some when I first got into reefing. Not sure what it is or supposed to do. I'm guessing it's just amino acids?

1F2FRFBF
05/31/2007, 09:22 AM
OK, I'm looking at this ingredients list thinking, ***? Why would I dump that in my tank?

The descriptions on the website for the various formulas read like ads for women's skin products. Just that in itself is enough to make me wary.

I dunno, maybe it works - but I'll leave the experimenting to those who can afford to lose the $.

PPi
06/03/2007, 04:06 PM
I took some more combo vital and let it sit in a cup under a light for a couple of hours. I took and drew out just the diluted water, leaving the (dirt) behind. I put it in and again within the same day I had 3 more huge peanut worms come out and see what was going on. I think if anything this is some sort of candy for them or actually has something they can feed off of. I don't know, I am a sceptic too, but my experience is that is definitely excites the tank. My levels were not effected by doing this either. Say what you want but Marc Weiss has had his products out there and if no one bought them, they wouldn't stay in business. I am going to try it again in a couple of days just to see if a third time is a charm.

FutureInterest
06/03/2007, 04:35 PM
That stuff is just junk.