PDA

View Full Version : Your 75 Gal Stand... DIY? Or, Store Bought?

EricBrian
07/04/2006, 03:49 PM
I got an AGA 75 gal overflow. Now, I am trying to find out what I want to set it on. Can you inspire me with pics of your stand? Especially since it has a special need because of the holes.

Thanks! :)

lucifersreef
07/05/2006, 05:01 AM
hi makingt your own stand isnt really too difficult, although im a little biased as im a cabinetmaker. Just look at a stand at a store and go from there, making any alterations as you go, but plan it all first

EricBrian
07/05/2006, 06:40 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7682680#post7682680 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lucifersreef
hi makingt your own stand isnt really too difficult, although im a little biased as im a cabinetmaker. Just look at a stand at a store and go from there, making any alterations as you go, but plan it all first

Thanks for your thoughts. My issue with store bought stands for these aquariums is that they look soooooo 'weak.' I want to know that the stand is secure on the stand and that it won't easily fail.

My father would make me one when he comes to visit, but I don't want to wait until December. So, I was thinging, if I could build the basics my father could 'dress' it when he comes.

So many things to consider! LOL

Mike.B
07/05/2006, 02:21 PM
Well if you just want to build something basic for now then a 2x4 or 2x6 stand would be quite easy. Tons of threads on building stands, look in the DIY forum or wait till later when the search is enabled.