PDA

View Full Version : Raffle at the meeting!!!

calvin415
07/05/2006, 08:35 PM
Guy's get this!!! How cool is Barry at www.clamsdirect.com not only does he help us coordinate our group buy, cover shipping and box charges but he throws in a 35.00 gift certificate which we will be raffleing at the meeting on the 22nd! If that wasn't enough for the raffle we will also have a crocea clam from clamsdirect.com as well! I'm sure some other items will get into the raffle as well so bring your dollars. :) I just need to find someone to represent me! LOL! :D

COreefer
07/05/2006, 08:43 PM
Yes...Barry has been a pleasure to work with.

murfman
07/05/2006, 08:46 PM
Hmmmmm how do I get in on this in case I'm not back?????? Who has a pay pal account????

CastleRock
07/05/2006, 08:54 PM
Yea Barry was great from start to finish!
Lot of folks will not be there it seems :(
Maybe we should change the date?

murfman
07/05/2006, 08:56 PM
If you change it, push it back not forward ;=P

CastleRock
07/05/2006, 08:59 PM
Im gonna PM Robert and Eric and see if we can make it the 29th instead

Deuce67
07/06/2006, 06:37 AM
I plan to bring these for the meeting:

Pink birdsnest. 3 frags. Its either a Tubbs or Tyree limited edition(I cant remember which one) Pink with green hues and purple polyps. All will be over an inch.

Purple millepora with silver polyps. 2 frags. One will be a mini colony since its starting to shade over my stag.

Yellow table acro. 3 or 4 over 1" pieces. My fastest growing coral.

Electric pink stylo. 1 small frag.

Rasberry mille/prostata. 1 small frag

Pink stylo with electric green polyps. Very nice and hard to find.
1 small frag

Green with pink tip sarmentosa. 1 maybe medium frag

Golden with deep blue tip tenius. 1 small frag

Pink with baby blue tip mille/prostata. 1 small frag

Baby blue stag. 1 small piece

Tri color acro. Maybe 2 small frags

Hopefully this will entice more people to come. Bring some cash and see f you can if you guys can win one of these sps frags.

:D

Crit21
07/06/2006, 12:46 PM
Jeez, how many items will we be raffling anyway?

CastleRock
07/06/2006, 01:16 PM
So then what are ya bringing for the SWAP :D

Crit21
07/06/2006, 01:38 PM
See "Drawing items for next meeting" thread. Two 65W 50/50 PC bulbs (straight pin).:rollface:

Crit21
07/06/2006, 01:43 PM
And maybe a frag or two...

Deuce67
07/06/2006, 04:52 PM
Doug, as far as the swap goes, I really dont need anything right now. Tank is filled. Unless somebody wants to swap me a bigger tank for frags.Yah, thats gonna happen huh?

murfman
07/06/2006, 05:44 PM
I have softball size rock with orange eye zoos on it to trade. They are very intense, under super actinics.

Crit21
07/06/2006, 09:05 PM
Murf, What do I have that you would tradfe for the zoos?

murfman
07/06/2006, 09:16 PM
I don't know, haven't seen your tank. What special sps do you have?

Crit21
07/06/2006, 09:32 PM
Hmm. Do you have any clams? If not, I have a queen angel about to turn to adult colors.
I can maybe frag the teal deep water SPS, but there's not a lot to start with. Lots of green slimer, maroon digi, staghorn.

murfman
07/06/2006, 09:35 PM
I think the Queen will be too much bioload for my tank. Sold Eric L my Squammy and have the Crocea of Lyns. Have slimer and some stag and digi got pix of the Deep water? I start vac tomorrow so we can catch up when I get back.

Crit21
07/07/2006, 09:17 AM
The queen is only 3" long.

reefkoi
07/08/2006, 04:09 PM
damn I want in the zoos! I have cash to trade :) I know that always works well LOL.
seriously though this is cool, I have never traded corals before in the 13 or more years I've been doing this, weird.
I dont know what to bring, I have like 20 or more yellow/green sarcophytons I have to throw them away they multiply so fast does anyone care for them? it seems like its all SPS these days I'm kind of old school I have had this sarcophyton for 8 or 9 years back when Softies were cool.
Chris

CastleRock
07/08/2006, 06:17 PM
OK just so everyone understands.
"Trade" "Swap" whatever ya want to call it is just that, a word:)
You don't need to swap or trade to the person you get a frag or whatever from.

Folks bring what they want, Frags, Live Sand Macro, whatever!
They label the bags and you pretty much get what you want with out giving them anything.

You donate cash to the club for the frags you get,
in this case the club is asking 5 bucks per frag obtained, but if you can not afford that then its what you can afford.
This is just a way to generate cash for the club and a few nice frags for the members :D

Deuce67
07/08/2006, 06:25 PM
Doug, do you think I should just sell my donated frags instead of a raffle? It may generate a bit more money for the club that way. What do you think?

CastleRock
07/08/2006, 06:30 PM
Yea that's the whole idea :)
your really donating the stuff you bring for the "Swap" to the club to make money :) so if you brought all those frags the club stands to make around 100 bucks just from your items alone :)

CastleRock
07/08/2006, 06:32 PM
of course people can donate more the 5 as well
I know if some one brought say Purple Monster frags for example I would be donating way more then 5 bucks for a frag of something like that :D

COreefer
07/08/2006, 06:51 PM
Anyone is welcome to donate whatever they want whenever they want...that is not to be discouraged; however...

We have not established a method of accounting as of yet...murf is the financial coordinator and he will be gone until the end of the month. These are the details we have yet to work on. This frag swap is going to be small and informal...if we have a good turn out and it blossoms into something bigger that is great, but since this was sort of put together on the fly and is in Castle Rock I'm not holding out any grand expectations.

Even before this frag swap was put together Robert and I had discussed having a large scale local frag swap in Colorado Springs..that is still in the works with the hopes of it going off in either October or Novemebr, so...

If you bring frags and no one wants them just hang onto them until the formalized frag swap. Also this will be announced soon with further details so that everyone has time to get together quality frags on plugs.

Remember...this club has self sustained for 3 years without monetary efforts...we are now putting mechanisms into place to generate some cash flow for various events including a guest speaker twice a year or so. If you want ot donate, it will not be discouraged, but like I said, until a system of accounting is in place there is the possibility of errors. The goal is that by mid August, we have a formalized system of tracking all club revenues and expenses for the benefit of reporting if required.

I've probably gone on long enough, but rest assured this will be finalized once Murf gets back into town. This formalized system just arose prior to the last meeting, so just bare with us.

thanks,

Deuce67
07/08/2006, 06:57 PM
Okay, we will do that then. But your right, some of these frags will be more than 5 bucks. A couple of these are about 80 bucks on some sites. Of course we wouldnt ask for that much. But Im not sure what to ask for though and whats fair. It all goes to the club so price doesnt really matter to me.

normanviking
07/11/2006, 04:54 PM
Where can you get plugs? Or suggestions to make your own. I will probably not have any fraggable sized stuff for this "swap". but Hopefully I will have some stuff for the "offical" one. Hopefully some of the expensive Micromussa I bought from Fragglereef will be ready so I can share the wealth. So looking forward to this next meeting. I wish I would have stumbled on this club sooner.

The Haj
07/11/2006, 05:58 PM
normanviking,

How many plugs are you hunting for? I have some bostonaqua farms plugs and disc you can have..

Crit21
07/11/2006, 06:37 PM
So we're talking $5 per ticket for the raffle????

COreefer
07/11/2006, 07:14 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7724038#post7724038 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Crit21
So we're talking $5 per ticket for the raffle????

$5 per ticket for the clam drawings...if we raffle anything else off it may be $2 per ticket.

racer69
07/11/2006, 09:25 PM
Cool, I may have cleared up enough room on my DSB for yet another clam.:D Now I just need to buy enough tickets.

murfman
07/11/2006, 09:27 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7723366#post7723366 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by normanviking
Where can you get plugs? Or suggestions to make your own. I will probably not have any fraggable sized stuff for this "swap". but Hopefully I will have some stuff for the "offical" one. Hopefully some of the expensive Micromussa I bought from Fragglereef will be ready so I can share the wealth. So looking forward to this next meeting. I wish I would have stumbled on this club sooner.

I use cut ceramic tiles, cut them in 1/4s and they work fine.

Crit21
07/12/2006, 08:21 AM
$5 and $2 sounds like a good price. Will the raffle be run the same as last time--each $2 ticket drawing is for a specific item--or will the winner get choice?

Crit21
07/12/2006, 08:22 AM
Murf, what size tiles are you quartering?

COreefer
07/12/2006, 11:13 AM
We will raffle off specific items...

murfman
07/12/2006, 11:21 AM
4 x 4

normanviking
07/12/2006, 12:33 PM
I remember on the Eric Bornemen propagation video I saw that he said the white marble works really well also. That corals and idetify with it because it is calcium carbonate or something like that.