PDA

View Full Version : Fairy wrasses and flow - lot's of it?

raddogz
07/07/2006, 09:56 PM
Well, my 120g is operational - the stand still needs to skinned, and the canopy still needs to be built. The rock (cooked for four months), shallow sand bed, sump, heater, protein skimmer and the lights are in place (the lights are suspended over the tank temporarily).

Since this tank will be primarily for SPS and fairy wrasse, how well do fairy wrasse(s) deal with flow? I expect there will be a good amount of flow once I install the closed loop via an Ampmaster 3000 and an Oceansmotions 4-way.

anydarnthing
07/07/2006, 10:05 PM
I have 8 fairy wrasses and they all seem to love it, mine like to swim in front of the powerhead and just ride the flow.

ACBlinky
07/07/2006, 10:17 PM
I recently moved my Lubbock's from my 30g to the 65g (the 30g was a reef, it's been converted to a FW tank). There's similar turnover, but more areas of direct flow (powerheads vs. HOB filters) and the wrasse seems 'happier' in the new tank. I initially attributed his more relaxed behaviour to the increased space and rockwork, but lately I've seen him almost playing in the highest flow area. I think these guys are little surfers at heart :D

Ironsheikh
07/08/2006, 08:56 AM
I think they are built for speed so more space and big flow is optimal