PDA

View Full Version : Overload?

zipper214
07/08/2006, 01:19 AM
So last night my LFS had a fire and I went to see if they needed help and I ended up coming home w/ 4 kittens, a chinchilla, and all of their corals and some fish. Their saltwater tanks had flooded with freshwater and they were just going to give everything up as a loss. 2 tanks were okay so they kept some fish but I came home with stuff that I don't even know what it's called. I'm really starting to regret this "good samaritan" decision of mine. What if some of that stuff is sick? Couldn't it wipe out my entire tank? Will my tank go into shock from adding so much at one time? Here's just what I can remember putting in my tank:
Carpet Anemone
Peppermint Shrimp
2 Different Blennies (I don't know what kind)
A HUGE black crab that looks like a ginormous emerald crab except, he's black
10 emerald crabs (at LEAST 10)
Various Polyps
Pipe Organ
2 Cardinals (Banghai & Pajama I think)
4 different shroom/ric rocks (There were probably close to 75 shrooms/ric altogether)
A purple fish (not a Tang maybe a Strawberry ?)
2 Six-line wrasse
An orange fish (looks like a baby grouper of some sort. He makes me nervous. He's lucky I felt bad for him)
A bubble wall coral maybe?
A blue linkia starfish
And various other corals/critters that I can't name or remember. I'm really nervous you guys. What do you think I should do? I have no idea when they'll be able to take some of this stuff back (if it survives). The owner told me to keep it all because without me it would have just died anyway. I don't want all that stuff and I don't have any friends that are in this hobby. What in the hell am I going to do with 10 emerald crabs? I already had some emerald crabs. Any advice would be very welcomed. Thanks guys.

MORAY69
07/08/2006, 01:48 AM
Give it a day or two.... keep what you want and make money from the rest. Maybe, let him know thats what ya gotta do.

Darkreefer
07/08/2006, 01:48 AM
Post stuff for sale on the F/S forum. Yes that is alot to place in a tank at once. You have a pretty samll tank (a 55g) and what else do you have in there on top of the stuff you listed.

You might end up killing the stuff you want in your tank being nice to someone else. The big black crab might not be reef safe either. If the carpet dies you will nuke your tank.

Hope your ready for all of that.

HTH

CKreef
07/08/2006, 06:32 AM
yeah post some pics and sell some off. let the store know what your plans are.