PDA

View Full Version : ascorbic acid?

reefnetworth
07/08/2006, 03:46 AM
I rarely place my hands in my tanks. I know all the dont's about about soap, cologne, etc. If hands were rinsed off with lemon or lime juice (from the fruit, not the bottle) to kill any bacteria or whatever may be on hands and lower arms. Will this harm anything in the tanks? REEF-ON!!!

bertoni
07/08/2006, 03:37 PM
I'm not sure how much good the juice would do, but a good rinse with fresh water should remove enough of it to avoid any problems.

Boomer
07/08/2006, 04:00 PM
That acid and its effect will or may depend on how much you have on your hands and the water vol of the tank. Putting them in a 250 gal nothing at all but you show to have very, very small tanks. Your 3 gal, a no-no. So, a good rinse in RO/DI, RO or distilled water would me a good idea ( even tap water).

reefnetworth
07/08/2006, 05:58 PM
thats my theory also. thanx, ya'll. Boomer, im rearanging the 70 today. im putting a champagne bottle in from our wedding. of course Paul B's idea and i think its cool. maybe she'll see that i do love her as much as my tanks. ooppps! i love her MORE, than my tanks. lol! REEF-ON!!!