PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI install questions

gator4798
07/08/2006, 10:07 PM
Ok...heres what I think will work...you all tell me how it will flood everything :-)

The Unit: Kent Marine Maxxima 24 GPD RO/DI System

Connect to city water(In my case into pipes at water tank..perment install)

Run to sump in garage...

Now to fully automate the system....

Float switch in sump...to custom circuts...to solonide valve BEHIND RO/DI........float opens valve...water moves through RODI system into tank...once water level has reached the float sensor it will close the valve stoping the flow of water to the RO/DI unit?

All good????

outy
07/08/2006, 11:47 PM
i think i would go with a 75gpd from purleyh2o

crumbletop
07/09/2006, 12:15 PM
It sounds like he already has the kent marine. If not, then there are others that you could consider. The major problem I see with your proposed setup for auto topoff is if for some reason the float switch sticks on you can crash your system and end up with tons of water all over the floor. The 24 gpd would make this happen much more slowly than a 75 gpd would (it would fill more slowly). You should include in your custom circuit an upper float switch that will shut down the solenoid if the sump fills too high. This will give you some protection.

Another possibly safer option would be to branch off a line from your DI output to a storage container with a float valve installed. If you put a ball valve on this line you can manually turn on/off the RO/DI to fill the resevoir. Put a small pump in the resevoir that would be activated by your float switch setup. That way if anything sticks on, the damage is limited by the size of your resevoir.

My $.02.

Jack